Hello

I would like to introduce myself as the proud owner of brand new M43, my first, but by no means the last purchase I intend to make.

However, I also realize that I am coming to this forum at a rather difficult time for those who have had the good fortune to come to know Bill Martino.

I hope in the future to learn, participate, and perhaps contribute to this forum.

John

Welcome to the Cantina, John. You've certainly started off your collection with a nice model. The M43 is one of my favorites.

Welcome, John. Congratulations on acquiring such a fine item as the M43. I am a newbie here as well and I really enjoy the camaradarie here and hope you do as well.

--Richard

welcome my new cantina friend--dam glad to meet you--you have found a great new home :eek: :) :eek:

forgot to add your first HI is a great one--enjoy it--it want be your only one for long--once you get that first one they seems to multiply--LOL

Nice to meet you, John. Welcome.

You'd have no way of knowing the M43 used to be the most coveted item on the menu, and the sharks would fight over them. The Kamis couldn't make them fast enough. These days, it's pretty typical you can pick up an M43 on sale.

munk

Josh- I've been meaning to ask you; your peyote cactus button is a light green. Why is that? You a member of the Illuminoti?

I'm watching Caeser rise to power.

munk

Hey John...Welcome!

You will get to know Bill Martino if you hang around. He has imbued this place with his spirit and ethos to the point that it can not be erased.

Don't know that he changed lives of the Cantina folks, but he sure as hell influenced them by giving them a standard of behavior and honor that was consistent, fair, and able to withstand duress.

When Bill "walks West, goes Home, joins his Maker, reunites"--pick one, he will still be here in the spirit of each of the folks who deal with their respective worlds in a little finer fashion, because they knew Bill, and learned from him.

And the ripples he has caused in the ponds of his world will go on in incalculable ways...from Bura's three wives and his kids, to Ram in medical school, to the kamis, helpers--to all of the folks he has helped, worked with, and graced with his friendship and knowledge, and example.

You picked a great blade to start with. Now: Khuks is to be used.

Read the safety thread.

Be well and safe.

Welcome to the cantina, John. The M43 is a fine khuk. Munk is right. They used to be rare to come by. The M43 is a great little khuk. Perfectly packable, but heavy enough to retain chopping power. A fella that hiked out into the wilds with just an M43 for company would probably do ok.
Once again, welcome. Pull up a stool.

Jake

Welcome, John & be careful with the M-43.

It's a chopper with a mean bite.

Thanks for the nice words- been lurking, eh? Lots to read here. Consider the archives when you have questions... there's a learning curve along which people have mostly similar questions at a similar point...

Have fun.

Ad Astra

it starts with the M43...then leads to 20 more khuks, and then the knives, and then the belt sander and the convexing schemes...beware!

:p

munk said:
Josh- I've been meaning to ask you; your peyote cactus button is a light green. Why is that? You a member of the Illuminoti?

I'm watching Caeser rise to power.

munk

I'm afraid not. However, I am a Freemsaon-#113 Grand Lodge of Wisconsin.
John

munk said:
Josh- I've been meaning to ask you; your peyote cactus button is a light green.

munk

Josh, I meant to ask if the new one's wintergreen or spearmint... either way, it looks tasty. Congrats, errr, Hail!

John K, these green square things are rep points... more=better.

Some ascend to great power chewing on these things... I just like the way they taste. Peyote/gum?

Ad Astra

LOL....that's ok. munk's just obsessed with cacti......kinda like Snoopy's long lost desert brother....:D :p

Welcome!

munk - I think it means Josh's beacon light finally turned on......:eek:

Back