Help cant decide what knife to get!

isaacsawesome

BANNED
huy guys i cant decide what knife to get but ill put my requirements below
weight: cant be above 5 oz
price: below or exactly 190 dollars
brand: cant be emerson or cold steel
type:Folding knife . do not care how it locks
blade type: plain edge.. cant have serrations!
Blade steel: Cant be 154cm or 440 or 8cr13mov
so thats it guys post down below what i should get:)

Last edited:
I am not a folder guy but the new Hogue EX-01 is calling me for some reason. Its a big, beefy lookin folder all made in the USA. Might have to give it a try.

I am not a folder guy but the new Hogue EX-01 is calling me for some reason. Its a big, beefy lookin folder all made in the USA. Might have to give it a try.

ya that knife looks very interesting im liking it alot

Benchmade Ares in M390 steel - the uncoated version is less than your budget by five cents and the knife is pretty swell if you ask me (which you did).

You're 13 years old? I'd get an Ontario Rat 1 for like 25 bucks and save the rest for taking girls out to movies and iPods or whatever you crazy kids are spending money on these days. The Rat is a bit above your weight limit but it is well worth the extra weight, especially at the cost.

Benchmade Ares in M390 steel - the uncoated version is less than your budget by five cents and the knife is pretty swell if you ask me (which you did).

+1, the ares in m390 is absolutely spectacular. 5.5 ounces is slightly more than your limit but its such a well balanced knife you'll never notice. Get one quick, they'll be gone soon.

Forgive me but are you planning on carrying this everyday? cuz if you are consider this, no teacher, cop, joe public, will not look at it as just a pocket knife it will be a weapon. Having said that Good Luck to you and hope you find what you want. Why no Emerson? I have used them since the mid 80's. What about the Buck/Tops collabs hard use knives? Or a multi tool ? You send me a notarized letter signed by a parent. MUST BE NOTARIZED AND STAMPED The parent must say it is ok for you to have a knife. I will send you free of charge a Leatherman Wave. not what you want no hard feelings just let me know.

Forgive me but are you planning on carrying this everyday? cuz if you are consider this, no teacher, cop, joe public, will not look at it as just a pocket knife it will be a weapon. Having said that Good Luck to you and hope you find what you want. Why no Emerson? I have used them since the mid 80's. What about the Buck/Tops collabs hard use knives? Or a multi tool ? You send me a notarized letter signed by a parent. MUST BE NOTARIZED AND STAMPED The parent must say it is ok for you to have a knife. I will send you free of charge a Leatherman Wave. not what you want no hard feelings just let me know.

I second a MT. People won't look at it and say 'That kid has a weapon!'. Or even better a SAK, they make people feel at ease and nostalgic rather than threatened and alarmed.

The Spyderco Caly 3.5 has been the perfect EDC for me. Still trying to figure out how they got and extra half inch of blade in a knife that is virtually the same size and weight as the Caly 3.

$(KGrHqZ,!iIE2Ks46oQoBNwHRPcDoQ~~_3.JPG

The Spyderco Caly 3.5 has been the perfect EDC for me. Still trying to figure out how they got and extra half inch of blade in a knife that is virtually the same size and weight as the Caly 3.

That knife is next on my long list, beautiful!

Southern Grind Bad Monkey. I just got one and it has kicked everything else out of my pocket. Well constructed, flawless fit and finish, Emerson wave without actually being an Emerson (I detest Emerson's designs) and nice looking carbon fiber. It's also lightweight for it's size. It is on the large side though. No fancy blade steel (14C28N) but if you're a mere mortal like me odds are that won't bother you. Of course I also like D2...

005-5.jpg

Back