Help cant decide what knife to get!

huy guys i cant decide what knife to get but ill put my requirements below
weight: cant be above 5 oz
price: below or exactly 190 dollars
brand: cant be emerson or cold steel
type:Folding knife . do not care how it locks
blade type: plain edge.. cant have serrations!
Blade steel: Cant be 154cm or 440 or 8cr13mov
so thats it guys post down below what i should get:)

I'd say you ought to buy yourself a nice alox Swiss Army Knife--a classic model like the Victorinox Soldier, Farmer or Cadet. They are very well-made, handsome, and handy tools that are not too expensive. If you take care of it, it won't matter if you grow up to be anything from an astronaut to a zoo-keeper, you'll be glad to have it in your pocket. Other knives will come and go, but the SAK is timeless...

You could also buy something a little more fun like a Kershaw Skyline or Zing and still have some money left over!

Good luck, young fella!

orzing01.jpg

Kershaw Zing.

I'm 20 and a lot of people on here look at me as a kid, so you're a baby! Lol.
Anyways - what I would have given to have $190 at 13...:D

Onto your question....
I would get a Spyderco Techno. Small enough to not be threatening, tough enough to tackle anything you could want to use it for, killer blade steel, full ti handles(with a gorgeous blue backspacer), low rider clip, and it's a Spyderco. It's not USA made but if you haven't checked out a Taiwan made Spydie - you should!

If you want to save some cash... check out the Spyderco Native right around the $50 - $65 range with s30v steel, good FRN handles, fits the hand like a glove(even large hands like mine), just a great all around EDC knife. You can also pick something else up as well.

The Spyderco Chaparral is also a great little people friendly blade. Mine is right here in my left pocket. My Sebenza is in my right. Perfect little EDC knife.

I would not Chop Wood with a folder.
You will get that advice from many other people.
There are hard use folders but I still don't think a lot of them were made for chopping.

Honestly if you want a sweet beast of a knife and will consider 440C steel(it's really not a bad steel, I promise) check out the Wilson Combat Elite Level 1. I just got mine and I'm super impressed and happy with it.

I would not Chop Wood with a folder.
You will get that advice from many other people.
There are hard use folders but I still don't think a lot of them were made for chopping.

Honestly if you want a sweet beast of a knife and will consider 440C steel(it's really not a bad steel, I promise) check out the Wilson Combat Elite Level 1. I just got mine and I'm super impressed and happy with it.

i really dont like 440..sorry

if it were me i would buy the para2 or the benchmade griptilian. the grip comes in so many varities even a mini grip. different blade shapes and handles. i would get the h2o model which has a steel highly corrosion resistant, and its a dang cool orange. shop around u can find it +/- $100

ps. and with the extra money you could swap the handle. http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/s...2-or-Custom-Griptilian?highlight=paramilitary have a look at this thread.

real-world-carry-gear-benchmade-griptilian.jpg

Last edited:
I'm amazed that no one has mentioned the Onterio Rat Model 1. The blade is 3.6 inches long that is full flat ground (for food prep), then its made from Aus-8 which from what I read is a good steel.

My go to knife is the Spyderco Para Military 2, but that's because I wanted to see the edge retention of the s30v steel.

You don't need an expensive knife though, I recommend the Spyderco Sharpmaker sharpening system and a durable knife that you can replace.:thumbup:

We're just old buggers that have been through sharpening (which is easy) and checking out knives that are like different hammer weights - if you want to look at it that way.:barf:JK

Good luck though, I'll liven up your thread with a pic. too.
ON8846CB.jpg

Last edited:
Back