Help, I've lost my knives....

I'm having a crisis...I have misplaced three of my favorite traditionals and I was wondering if anyone here knew where I put them? Ive looked under the bed, in the dresser, the tackle box, the utility shed, the box by my feet, in every pair of socks, I completely cleaned out my truck AND the RV and still no sign of them! The worst part is those three are a few of my favorite knives, and very sentimental I had a Buck 110, a Buck 307, and a Remington barlow! I'm at the end of my rope here if I don't find them I will forever be in a state of immense frustration and depression. If anyone remembers seeing them I would be indebted to you for finding them.

Sincerely,

recon1s14

Disclaimer:

This thread is an attempt at humor, those who have experienced this loss know what it's like, this is not an advertisement or listing for knives wanted.

Advertisement:

If you are age 20 or older and have experienced the loss of a few wonderful pocket knives and want to recieve your free hug and smiley face please post in the section below, here at LostKnives LLC we understand how you feel when you misplace a pocket knife and want to give you the very best in cheery, happy humor to help you through this difficult time, but wait, if you post now you will recieve TWO hugs and TWO smiley faces absolutely free......for the children....

I once lost a couple of my knives and small handguns. We were flying out on a vacation and I hid my favorite knives and pistols in case of a break in while we were away. I did such a good job of hiding them, it took me a week to find where I hid them. :D

Getting old aian't for the faint of heart. :eek:

Carl.

Did you check your pocket?:D

I empty out my pockets at night, usually patting the tops of each to determine which ones still have objects in them. One night, I couldn't find my mini copperlock, which I was sure I'd had with me throughout the day. I checked and rechecked several surfaces in the house and was beginning to panic before I suddenly remembered that earlier in the day I'd been reading (here, natch) about how people carried their knives in their watch pockets, how unobtrusive and handy that could be. I'd never tried that before-- it had never even occurred to me, which I now find funny.

Turns out, knives in one's watch pocket can be very unobtrusive.

Oops.

Found my mini copperlock (knew exactly where it was before reaching into said watch pocket), and have carried a knife there almost every day since.

~ P.

Haha ya I knew I wasnt the only one, unfortunatly I donot have a plethora of knives so the loss of these three is very annoying, anyways I owe you guys some hugs n smileys.

Two hugs for Carl, Rick, and pertinux :D :D

Two hugs for.....Guillotine....LOL I wonder how well a nice pocket knife digests :rolleyes: .... :D :D

I can see how this will get redundant so I will allow the above hugs n smileys to apply to everyone who will comment in the future as well hehehe

Oh and yes Rick I think I checked every pair of pants and every jacket or coat in the entire household, Haha they will have to turn up in some odd location sooner or later :eek:

Oh and yes Rick I think I checked every pair of pants and every jacket or coat in the entire household, Haha they will have to turn up in some odd location sooner or later :eek:

I couldn't tell from your original post if you were serious or not. I sincerely do hope that you find them.

I may very well be in the process of losing a knife right now. Thanks to a trade gone wrong, i think i might be out a buck 112. This sucks and yes, I'd like a hug.

I may very well be in the process of losing a knife right now. Thanks to a trade gone wrong, i think i might be out a buck 112. This sucks and yes, I'd like a hug.

That does suck, madman44. I hope there is a logical explanation and it works out in your favor. I don't know your situation but I do know that USPS has been doing some really weird stuff lately. Shipping west when the package should go east, tracking stuck on the initial departure scan for a week, etc.

Not long ago I sent a knife from Illinois to Ohio. It went to Salt lake City, Utah first, then to Ohio. I was involved in a trade recently with a gentleman in California. I got his knife in two days but he got mine 10 days from the day I shipped it. It all worked out in the end but he must have thought for a while that I was pulling a fast one.

Best of luck to you.

Rick,

Haha yes it was my attempt at blowing off steam while at the same time trying to not look too depressing

Madman44,

It's sad to lose a good knife, I know that for sure, but it's even worse when some swindler does it, I sincerely hope it gets returned to you, ironically I've "misplaced" my Buck 110 that was a gift from my grandfather, very disheartening, well two hugs and :D :D for you

Hmmm, yes USPS is taking a turn for the worst, I'm afraid I may have to spend the extra cash to use UPS instead, I don't know how expensive that will be, but at least my items will be secure.

Try not to think of them as lost, if you're anything like me that'll drive ya crazy, think of them more as... temporarily dislocated.

I've found MIA knives as late as 5-6 years after they were noticed MIA, never give up hope, there's always that chance but hey, ya could win the lottery too.

BTW did ya look in your pocket? ;)

Haha well if by drive you crazy you mean cause me to completely go through the crowded and disorganized storage to find them, I've already done that :eek: I'm fairly certain I put them in a separate bag of some kind, apart from the rest of the collection (great idea) but for the life of me I can't even find the bag haha, It'll come to me ;) thanks

Haha well if by drive you crazy you mean cause me to completely go through the crowded and disorganized storage to find them, I've already done that :eek: I'm fairly certain I put them in a separate bag of some kind, apart from the rest of the collection (great idea) but for the life of me I can't even find the bag haha, It'll come to me ;) thanks

Ask Carl where his secret-decret hiding place is. Perhaps your special bag o' knives is in a simliar location?

I often say that one of the worst places for an item that I'm looking for to have been was in my hands about thirty minutes prior. I can know where something is for *years,* get it out to use it, become distracted, and "lose" it for the foreseeable future. Very frustrating. I'm too young to be this old.

~ P.

I lost one once on a golf course. I usually carry one onto the course to get into the grooves of the club face. I remember it was the 17th hole when I noticed it was gone. I hate the 17th hole.

Pocket knives aren't the kind of things turned into Lost and Found. That one is gone for good.

Thanks for the kind words guys. Hopefully it is just a big mix up with usps. But the fact that the other party never provided DC and is ignoring my emails while still being active on this site is making me a little concerned to say the least. :/ I'll keep my fingers crossed for everyone who is missing a "loved one".

I am looking for my large Sodbuster right now (The AG Russel version, so if lost, it is not a wallet breaker).

Once I hid $10,000 in cash in an apartment.

Took me more than a week to find it!

Here is my question. How did two people move the furniture, pull up the carpet, and spread out 10k in cash and not remember for a week that they did that?

You can imagine, that I misplace knives occasionally.

Back