HELP... Looking for a new gun

Garth Reckner

It is getting closer to spring around here and I'm getting the urge to hit the range. Just not sure what I want. Anybody seen anything new and exciting in the gun world? Don't really have anything specific in mind, could be a handgun or a long gun. Just looking for ideas. Doesn't necessarily have to be something new on the market, just something I don't have. Got any recommendations?

Pics are a plus if you have them.

Thanks Everyone,

Garth

Yeah but some have a soft spot for certain types, whether it's bullpups, shotguns, classic pistols, 1911 variants, leverguns, etc.

What price limit you looking for? Lots of good guns out there

Heck You might not remember it but i’ve got a nice 22-250 I bought from you i’d sell ya back.👍🏻. Never even shot it:)

I happen to love my DP12 shotgun, replaced my tavor TS12 and KSG. Shoots very gentle (softest 12ga I've ever shot), plus you get two shots per pump.

Also a big fan of old school CZs.

Would love a DWX from cz, cz/1911 9mm hybrid.

Can't go wrong with a Henry lever .22 or the Henry big boy in 357mag with a nice suppressor.

What type of guns do you tend to like?
My taste is kind of all over the board. I have gone through several phases. I had a cowboy phase, a military phase, a revolver phase, flintlocks, over-unders, big bore, small bore, fancy wood, tactical, concealable, long range, polymer handguns, 1911s, lever guns, single shots, pretty much everything. There really aren't many holes in my collection but always looking for that next one.

Garth

Planting Freedom Seeds with revolvers is always a good time

Sling'in big chunks of lead with a Ruger Redhawk is a "BLAST"!

I happen to love my DP12 shotgun, replaced my tavor TS12 and KSG. Shoots very gentle (softest 12ga I've ever shot), plus you get two shots per pump.

Also a big fan of old school CZs.

Would love a DWX from cz, cz/1911 9mm hybrid.

Can't go wrong with a Henry lever .22 or the Henry big boy in 357mag with a nice suppressor.
I love the CZs too... longarms though

If you haven't got a Safari calibre (and have no shoulder or neck injuries) a CZ Safari magnum is fun!

My .375* shoots 3 round cloverleaf at 100
I wanted something starting with a 4 but chickened out

I love the new Sig 365X Macro I recently bought. It’s a fun carry size gun that’s easy to shoot. If you go looking for one, try to find a Tac Pac as that package includes 4 mags and a nice magwell on the gun👍

I am extremely happy with both of my newest additions.

Kimber .357 and maxim defense in 7.62 x 39

I don't know how to size down pics. Can send them to your email if you want?

I love my hellcat, I highly recommend it if you don't have one.

Wanting a hellion currently

Great idea for a thread—thanks Garth. I’ve been thinking about a Tavor TS12—I know they’ve been around for a while, but I haven’t actually talked to someone who has one. Any thoughts from the crew here?

15-round 12 ga auto bullpup—
IMG_6995.jpegIMG_6994.jpeg

Last edited:
There may or may not be a Henry pump rifle in 22 WMR waiting in queue for me at my LGS. Octagonal barrel and 12 round tube feed, what more could the yotes in my yard ask for?

I’m Going to grab a RIA 22 TCM rifle for sheeits and giggles.

Man, a Ceaser Guerini Summit Sporting hit the local B/S/T page yesterday for $3k with 12 chokes…..saw it at 8am. Sold by 10am. The kid been shooting clays and his birthday is around the corner.

Back