1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ka-Bar Becker BK5 Magnum Camp , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday July 27!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Help me aquire a Chef Knife.

Discussion in 'Kitchen Cutlery & Tools' started by FOG2, Dec 27, 2018.

1. FOG2

FOG2 Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 1, 2007
    It what my Mundial that ive been using for years is, so I guess its a comfort and knuckle clearance thing.

2. FOG2

Nov 1, 2007
    Pics of the Shiro Kamo R2 that I received today.
    This is a light saber! Easily able to cut through the fabric of time into a new dimension..lol
    20190408_180646.jpg
    Choil pic.
    20190408_181013.jpg
    Distal Taper.
    20190408_181328.jpg
    A beautiful Rosewood and Ebony handle.
    And is wayyyyyy sharper right ootb than any knife I've ever handled.
    I am seriously stoked!

Alex Topfer likes this.
  3. 420 Stainless

420 Stainless

Mar 5, 2019
    Check Health Dept. and your work kitchen specs about wood grips. Most kitchen cutlery has molded synthetic handles for sanitation reasons.

4. FOG2

Nov 1, 2007
    After using it a week or so ( in a professional setting)I could see a bit of light glinting in some spots, so I sharpied the edge and basically Stropped it on 1500 and then 2500 sandpaper.

Holy Cow! I only thought it was sharp before.
    It now equals or surpasses any edged tool I've ever used.
    Its light ,thin ,sharp and holds it's edge well.
    I would recomend this knife to anyone.
    And the price is reasonable IMO for what you get. (Under $300.00)
    Which is the most I've spent on any knife. And I would buy it again w/o hesitation after experiencing it.

Last edited: May 2, 2019
  5. Lotmom

Lotmom Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 21, 2016
    Thanks for the plugs!

In all seriousness though, I think my knife may be what you're after... if you're patient enough to wait a few months :p

(if this message is breaking any rules, please let me know)

marchone likes this.