Help me pick out the most bad ass FULL TI folder!

Ok. I'll try to keep this story short because I know not everyone likes to read a book when they're browsing threads. Recently I sold off a couple Hinderers because I just wasn't feeling them, and ended up falling in love with the ZT 0560. I know, crazy right? Well I got to thinking "this knife would be better if it was full ti... come to think of it, I would have loved a full ti xm 18, but I wish the blade was even thicker without having to pay huge $$ for an XM 24."... Well I must have been walking around with my head up my ass, because up until 3 weeks ago, I didn't know the XM 18 Fatty existed. When I saw it for the first time, I felt like I had to have it... and I had to get a full ti scale on it. I thought, "THAT would be the ultimate folder." But when I sat down and added up the costs (around $575 for the fatty now that they're sold out, and at least $200 for the ti scale) I thought, "for $775, I'm sure there are a lot of different choices out there for bigger, thicker full ti folders." I went through my collection yesterday and picked out a bunch of knives I could live without, and decided I would sell them to fund this expensive mystery full ti folder that I want so bad. (Keep your eyes out, I'll have some good prices on them) So, my question for all of you is, For $700-$800, what's the most badass full ti folder you've seen here on the forums? I'm talking super durable "tree splitter" type folders. Anything from 7.5 - 10 inches overall, and AT LEAST a .185 thick blade stock. Not super concerned with the type of steel, but man, s35vn or 3V would be awesome. I'd rather help out a forum brother and at the same time get a good deal, so I'm going to avoid buying something from a dealer. The other day, I saw a Medford Marauder go for around $700. That's what I'm looking for. Big, thick, and completely unnecessary. I have no problem with weight. In fact, I LOVE heavy folding knives. So 7, 8, 9oz + knives are all the better. Post your recommendations! I have never owned a full titanium folder besides my old ADV mid tech butcher, and that was a little too thin for me. I'm pretty familiar with all the Medford stuff, so I was hoping to discover something a little different, but I may end up going that route anyway.

Here are some examples of the type of knives i'm after

25745124322_33225b9a6b_b.jpg

25235528324_b962b03cb6_b.jpg

25565372780_877081474a_b.jpg

Last edited:
Ok. I'll try to keep this story short because I know not everyone likes to read a book when they're browsing threads. Recently I sold off a couple Hinderers because I just wasn't feeling them, and ended up falling in love with the ZT 0560. I know, crazy right? Well I got to thinking "this knife would be better if it was full ti... come to think of it, I would have loved a full ti xm 18, but I wish the blade was even thicker without having to pay huge $$ for an XM 24."... Well I must have been walking around with my head up my ass, because up until 3 weeks ago, I didn't know the XM 18 Fatty existed. When I saw it for the first time, I felt like I had to have it... and I had to get a full ti scale on it. I though, "THAT would be the ultimate folder." But when I sat down and added up the costs (around $575 for the fatty now that they're sold out, and at least $200 for the ti scale) I thought, "for $775, I'm sure there are a lot of different choices out there for bigger, thicker full ti folders." I went through my collection yesterday and picked out a bunch of knives I could live without, and decided I would sell them to fund this expensive mystery full ti folder that I want so bad. (Keep your eyes out, I'll have some good prices on them) So, my question for all of you is, For $700-$800, what's the most badass full ti folder you've seen here on the forums? I'm talking super durable "tree splitter" type folders. Anything from 7.5 - 10 inches overall, and AT LEAST a .185 thick blade stock. Not super concerned with the type of steel, but man, s35vn or 3V would be awesome. I'd rather help out a forum brother and at the same time get a good deal, so I'm going to avoid buying something from a dealer. The other day, I saw a Medford Marauder go for around $700. That's what I'm looking for. Big, thick, and completely unnecessary. I have no problem with weight. In fact, I LOVE heavy folding knives. So 7, 8, 9oz + knives are all the better. Post your recommendations! I have never owned a full titanium folder besides my old ADV mid tech butcher, and that was a little too thin for me. I'm pretty familiar with all the Medford stuff, so I was hoping to discover something a little different, but I may end up going that route anyway.
Yeah you really kept it short :-D At least you tried :p
What your opinion on the Coldsteel 4Max. Big heavy titanium, good steel and the blade still seems to be useful and not like some others you mentioned.

ha! ya I guess i failed on the "shortness" part of the post! That's an awesome knife. Didn't know it existed! I just wish the handles were full titanium. If that were the case, that'd be a winner right there!

I am not very familiar with the high end overbuilt brands. But I did own a Grayman Dua for a short time and was very impressed. A larger Grayman Satu might be worth a look. Not sure on the specs of that knife. And Direware looks like it may fit the bill, but I am not familiar with their offerings.

Maybe if you defined "bad ass" for us, it would help us help you.

Does that means lots of extraneous pointy bits sticking out of it? Or something like a jaunty skull smoking a cigar and wearing a backwards baseball cap stencilled on the blade? Or just thick?

If just "thick" get the Extrema Ratio Rao. probably couldn't cut Velveeta with it, but its thick.

Maybe if you defined "bad ass" for us, it would help us help you.

Does that means lots of extraneous pointy bits sticking out of it? Or something like a jaunty skull smoking a cigar and wearing a backwards baseball cap stencilled on the blade? Or just thick?

If just "thick" get the Extrema Ratio Rao. probably couldn't cut Velveeta with it, but its thick.

I really like the style of the Medford Marauder and Chaves Redencion. Simple but aggressive. Not really into anything that looks like it came from the Icecrown Citadel (for any of you WOW fans out there)

I am not very familiar with the high end overbuilt brands. But I did own a Grayman Dua for a short time and was very impressed. A larger Grayman Satu might be worth a look. Not sure on the specs of that knife. And Direware looks like it may fit the bill, but I am not familiar with their offerings.

Just checked out the Grayman Satu on google. This is definitely on the right track! I'll add this one to my list :)

I just say get the Hinderer XM-18 and a full ti scale. I freaking love mine!

The mandatory AR-15 Hinderer pic:
IMG_8691 https://www.flickr.com/photos/57703464@N02/

If that does not work check out a Hoback maybe? I am sure I will think of others 2 minutes after I post this. Good luck in your search!

How about badass & class all in one. Sorry, it doesn't meet the $700-800 requirements, though.

Last edited:
man, no matter what I end up with, i'm always gonna want a full ti xm. so shiny!

It seems like that's what you really want, so then why don't you get one:confused:

Why settle for something that cuts like a wet towel? There definately isn't a lack of poorly finished folding bricks on the market. It should be easy to find one after you score that Hinderer you want:thumbup:

For your requirements I'd be all over a Spyderco K2.
Full ti, CPM-10V blade, 4.54" blade.
For around 200 bucks.
Or you can right to Farid and grab the real deal for a lot more.

It seems like that's what you really want, so then why don't you get one:confused:

Why settle for something that cuts like a wet towel? There definately isn't a lack of poorly finished folding bricks on the market. It should be easy to find one after you score that Hinderer you want:thumbup:

It's like breaking up with a really hot, yet really crazy ex. You want her back, but you know she's just gonna screw with your mind ;)

Last edited:
BladeCommander is right. Heavy and ridiculously overbuilt certainly sounds like Direware to me. It appears to be their raison d'etre.

Back