1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Help needed with my new Naniwa 2K Green Brick

Discussion in 'Maintenance, Tinkering & Embellishment' started by Darryl D.., Jul 19, 2019.

1. Ripcord 82

Ripcord 82

Feb 15, 2019
    I have both, the Chocera 800 and the SP 1K. The Cho 800 grit is more like a 1000 grit so I'd say,one or the other. I have the Chocera 400,800 and 3K and I'd say these three will do you just fine and you probably don't need anything else. Be aware though that my Chos have all shown signs of spider web cracks and that seems to be a very common problem with the Choceras. My Shapton Pros show no signs of letting me down and they are much cheaper then the Choceras. The Shapton Pro 2k is the sweetheart of my group and is my ending stone for my stainless, in fact, it is usually my ending stone for my carbon also.If you need a courser stone,I'd say the 320 grit SP is good. I have that one too and it does me just fine for fixing. I have other stones but they get you to spend more money but the SP's are my choice for the best bang for the buck.Other very nice stones are the Bester 1200, the Suehiro Rika 5k, ( great stone), King Deluxe 800 and the King Hyper 1000. another great stone.I have all those that I mentioned and I recommend them highly. I like the feel and feedback of all of them.

Darryl D.. likes this.
  2. Jason B.

Jason B. KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jun 13, 2007
    The 2kGB will be best paired with the Naniwa Pro 400. Don't question the jump... it's not too large, I've sharpened thousands of knives with this combo.

The Vic knives are "cheap" but quality and really respond well to the GB, some of my favorite kitchen knives.

Darryl D.. likes this.