Help Us Build A Buck Knives 110 (Free Knife Drawing)

What configuration do you want to see?

• Blade Shape: Clip Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Blade Shape: Drop Point

• Blade Steel: D2

• Blade Steel: BG-42

• Blade Steel: S90V

• Blade Finish: Mirror

• Blade Finish: Satin

• Blade Finish: Stonewash

• Nail Notch

• NO Nail Notch

• Inlay Material: Carbon Fiber

• Inlay Material: Black Micarta

• Inlay Material: Navy Blue Micarta

• Bolsters: Aluminum

• Bolsters: Nickel Silver

• If Aluminum: Pocket Clip

• If Aluminum: NO Pocket Clip

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Xr, this maybe the data you were looking for: this is ( real world data) gathered by processing large Cornish chickens weighing 7.5-9 lbs..
440C did 12
S30V did 13
CPM154 did 14
S60V did 17
and this year we only had 2 to go to the freezer which I did using the 110 w/ S90V steel. This gave me some experience w/ this steel and my
educated surmise would be 20. Next year we'll raise more and I can give you exact numbers by mid July on this steel. The manner I did them was using the knife to separate all cuts, pre-cuts, decap and skinning. Once I removed the bird from the flock I used the one knife for everything on each bird until it was too dull to continue cutting safely. DM

good testing and results Sir. not surprising s60v or 440v did the best. surprised s30v didnt fair better than it did. be interesting to see how the s90v or 420v fares.

Thanks David, I like the way you compared the different steels by how many Chickens you cut up with each blade type , AWSOME :thumbsup: Looks like you are happy with the S90V. I just paid my invoice so I can check this steel out ;)

Thank you. The test may have variables but consistent within the material cut. Pushing a blade through bone is hard on a knife and all these
took it well. With no chipping. The handle material on this 110 is very grippy. I think you'll like owning one. The log in your avatar, is it from
a Spruce with your dog on it? What type dog? I like it. :thumbsup: DM

Thank you. The test may have variables but consistent within the material cut. Pushing a blade through bone is hard on a knife and all these
took it well. With no chipping. The handle material on this 110 is very grippy. I think you'll like owning one. The log in your avatar, is it from
a Spruce with your dog on it? What type dog? I like it. :thumbsup: DM
The log is a Suger Pine, and the dog is a mix Lab,Boxer and Border Collie.

Sir, ya ever used a 420hc 110 to carve up the hens? if so howd it hold up? thanks.

I used a Bucklite with that steel on some and it did 5. But not all were the weight of those above. DM
thank you Sir. makes sense and falls in line with your other results. still surprised s30v didnt fare a bit better.

I put the best edge on it I can at 3-400 grit w/ a coarse diamond or crystolon & India. Making sure the burr is removed. Then use it. These figures represent 2 years of processing
meat birds. 40 this year and 20 last year. With some culling in between of 3 year old birds. Which are tough. One of those was done with the 420, one with the Bass Pro 110 (cpm154), one with the Alaskan Guide (s30v) and one with 440c. 2 others I didn't process. I just bled them out and removed the heart, liver and gizzard. The most tender parts. The dog got some and the buzzards the rest. Everybody's got to eat. These old birds are tough and require more knife work & cooking. So, 66-67
in 2 years and the culled birds I don't always note in my journal. As those are just the normal progression of rotation of a flock.
Now you know all the skinny. DM

Now, upon examining the bevel I've created a micro-bevel while removing the burrs with my fine diamond. Which cuts very nice & shaves but I'm sure not as durable an edge as the original. Looking at the 2 grind lines I'm certain the original edge was made by a new coarse diamond. It was very good and a consistent angled bevel. I'm surprised fingers can feel a very slight burr. So, when you use it, things change. DM

No in use pics as I got home last nite after visiting with my sis for a couple of days, but the Titan was patiently waiting for me to unbox it.
What a great knife! I love the clean lines of the drop point without the nick.Very nice.:thumbsup:

Snapped a couple of pics this morning.
m6IIlk7.jpg

U3rORuS.jpg

Thank you Stephen for the generous chance at a great 110.(and for the pins):thumbsup::cool::)

No in use pics as I got home last nite after visiting with my sis for a couple of days, but the Titan was patiently waiting for me to unbox it.
What a great knife! I love the clean lines of the drop point without the nick.Very nice.:thumbsup:

Snapped a couple of pics this morning.
m6IIlk7.jpg

U3rORuS.jpg

Thank you Stephen for the generous chance at a great 110.(and for the pins):thumbsup::cool::)

really great pic of ole blue, really shows the color the micarta is, least on my phone anyways.

really great pic of ole blue, really shows the color the micarta is, least on my phone anyways.
Thanks jb.
The pic was darker so I lightened it to get the true hue of the blue to show.
Looks great with the nickel silver.

I did some more limb pruning w/ ole Blue and it developed burs from the point to the belly. I tried stropping them off on SiC grit (200) slurry rubbed into a oak flooring board. After 5-7 minutes of stropping on this they wouldn't come off. I then took it to my 400 grit SiC stone. This one made by Carborundum and labeled 'fine'. Using a back honing stroke and a few drops of water, after 2-3 mins. of light strokes these burrs
disappeared. I'm surprised how fingers can feel these fine burrs. I have a very clean edge now. DM

Back