1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

Help.......

Discussion in 'Becker Knife & Tool' started by Ethan Becker, Nov 17, 2014.

1. Ethan Becker

Ethan Becker Moderator Moderator

Sep 1, 1999
    I just got back from my old friend Wallace Fennell's hunting camp........ The day I got there he nailed a very nice 8 point buck...... Not a monster mind but, a very handsome fellow who should eat very well.........

As soon as I entered upon the scene, the Becker Deer Jinx appeared out of nowhere ....... Last year was similar in many respects but, not as all encompassing....... Last year the jinx did NOT seem to affect those around me........ This year, if I was in the neighborhood, nothing harvestable showed up around Wallace either........I had two afternoons when I neither saw, nor heard so much as a freaking squirrel....... Saturday afternoon I noted the rustle of a single leaf at 5:17 pm....... It was disheartening to say the least....... After I left and before Wallace so much as actually got in the damn woods a LARGE 8 pointer screamed and pleade to be shot and, of course Wallace did........And sooooo.....

A plea for help..... Please use whatever karmic juice you have to kick start the departure of my deer jinx to ANY other place...... Preferably to some nasty wretch in Timbuktu or Outer Slobovia or maybe send it to Putin Or Jihadi John......

All pleas to alleviate the dreaded Becker's Deer Jinx will be greatly appreciated.........

Thank You in advance for your help......

E

PS ......

Had a great time with my friend and mentor....... We ate well, shot a little sporting clays, swapped just a couple of marginal truths, solved most of the world's problems(I am sure you have noted a healing trend) and spent some great time in a lovely patch of Eastern Hardwood Forest........

2. Darksidedenny

Darksidedenny

Feb 2, 2014
    Haha,that made my day (probably not yours though)....as far as help,well,Ethan,maybe try not to smile so much when hunting,those deers don t think you re serious???! ;)
    will send smoke to the deer hunter gods for you.
    Denny.

3. Tdhurl1103

Tdhurl1103

Dec 6, 2012
    Rattling the bones and starting incantations now.

Good luck Boss!!

4. Silverthorn

Silverthorn

Apr 24, 2011
    I swear deer in some locations can smell gunpowder...lol I have had hunts where i saw neither hide nor hair, but let me go for a hike in the woods and Bambies freaking dad walks over and says hi.

5. Mountain Wildman

Mountain Wildman

Aug 29, 2010
    Too funny!! :)

6. Cryptyc

Cryptyc

Sep 24, 2013
    I'm with silver on this one. They know when it's season and smell the powder lol. None-the-less sending some good hunting juju your way!

7. Jerry D.

Jerry D.

Sep 17, 2008
    Damn, Ethan... That's some awful Juju you have there. Have you considered taking a more direct strategy and use a BK9 to impose your will upon the forest?

Last edited: Nov 17, 2014
  8. TBL

TBL

Dec 26, 2013
    Smoke and Prayers Ethan! Best of luck on your next hunt!

9. beachmaster

beachmaster

Oct 3, 2014
    Ethan... sadly, I also am jinxed. Just before rifle season, my friend drove through his 100 acre property, where at one point, we saw at least 5 doe and 3 bucks...
    Two weeks later I am miserable up in a tree for hours, and the whole property, nothing moves. A man can only be silent balancing while sitting on a 4" tree branch for so long...
    Could it be that that bk2 on my hip has spread your jinx to me?

Lol

10. grinter

grinter

Sep 13, 2012
    It's all that fine 1095 you've got hanging from you. ...scares them away.

11. Ethan Becker

Sep 1, 1999
    Wallace was only two hundred yards away Saturday afternoon and he saw several does, a coon,a bunch of squirrels and a glimpse of buck and by my tree.....NADA, NOTHING, ZILCH, ZERO NOOOOOOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!......

Thanks for the karmic assist......Christmas, I will be in the woods again.......

Et

12. Ethan Becker

Sep 1, 1999
    Wallace was only two hundred yards away Saturday afternoon and he saw several does, a coon,a bunch of squirrels and a glimpse of buck and by my tree.....NADA, NOTHING, ZILCH, ZERO NOOOOOOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!......

Thanks for the karmic assist......Christmas, I will be in the woods again.......

Et

13. Diamondshooter

Diamondshooter

Feb 23, 2014
    Try order less gun supplies, idk
    I have had terrible luck this year, movin at night I think.
    We should go to Nola and find a good witch.

14. mchipman

mchipman

Jan 3, 2010
    Ethan,
    Try using this old trick, it worked out for me. Put only one round in your rifle and the hunting gods will reward you.

15. edh3007

edh3007

Sep 26, 2014
    Did you name your rifle? Using the appropriate incantations and drinking the sacrificial potion?

If not . . .

Cheers, Ed
    edh3007 - because 30.06 was already in use :)

16. keroscene

keroscene

Nov 9, 2013
    Here's how I handle similar situations.....

Bet your friend(s) $50 that you will not see a deer. In fact, put a wager on him bagging one and you coming up empty-handed. Now, if your luck is similar to mine you will confuse the balance of nature, karma and the Easter bunny, thus causing you to lose your bet....which just happens to mean you will bag a 12 pt'er!!

Good luck to ya!
    Dan

17. daizee

daizee KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Dec 30, 2009
    Boss, maybe you should try spear season. You've got that angle covered.

18. Darksidedenny

Darksidedenny

Feb 2, 2014
    Thinking of it...were you wearing those glasses...? ;)

19. Chameleonbear

Chameleonbear

Aug 14, 2008
    Hey boss, maybe you need to come up to Missouri to go drudging through the woods. It might help to have a change of location.

20. granitestateofmind

granitestateofmind

Apr 20, 2013
    Can't help ya, E. I seem to have the same effect on stripers when fishing. My line hits the water and they all scatter. Deer? I see 'em all the time....but then again I don't hunt them - yet. Saw one in my back yard this summer....surrounded by saltwater and treeless neighbor's yards. Still can't figure out how it got in there. I live on .89 acres and 1/3rd of that is house and pool.....

[​IMG]

Might set up a tree stand in the already made kid's tree fort....