1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Here's A HOG!!! (Handful Of Greatness) . . . Coming Wed. Sept. 4, 2019 At 9:00pm Eastern. . . . .

Discussion in 'Busse Combat Knives' started by Jerry Busse, Aug 31, 2019.

1. Jerry Busse

Jerry Busse Moderator Moderator

Aug 20, 1999
    Here's a HOG (Handful Of Greatness) from the Busse Custom Shop!!! . :eek::eek::confused:o_O

Let's Drink!!!!:cool:

Jerry:D

When: This Wednesday. 9-4-19 At 9:00pm Eastern!

Ordering Procedures:
    You must email BOTH Amy and Garth at:
    [email protected] AND [email protected] with your real name and contact info as well as the Tag numbers that you're after.

Please include your full name, Phone number, and shipping address in your email.

Please give us a list of the knives that you are after in the order of which ones you want the most.

Also tell us the total number of knives from your list that you want or a dollar amount that you wish not to exceed..

If we receive your email before 9:00 pm Eastern you will be moved to the back of the line.

Orders will be taken in the order in which they are received.

All Ganzaaa Payments are due within 5 business days or your knives will be passed on to the next person in line.

If you get in too late, we will automatically place you on the waiting list.

Standard shipping fees apply.

Specs And Pricing:

2A Last Rites Walnut/G-10 Spacer $653.00
    2B Nano Fusion Natural Outlaw ivory mosiac/G-10 bolster $664.00
    2C Nano Fusion Badger Attack Maple/G-10 bolster $539.00
    3A Last Rites stacked bone/G-10 Bolster $822.00
    3B Custom Trail Point Urgent Fury Mammoth tooth/liners/Bolster $1104.00
    3C Nano Fusion Natural Outlaw Resin and Maple/G-10 bolster $619.00
    4A Last Rites Stacked Bone/ G-10 Bolster $822.00
    4B Nuclear Nano Fusion Natural Outlaw Birdseye Maple/Bolster $705.00
    4C Nano Fusion Badger Attack Cactus and Resin/G-10 Bolster $584.00

Here are the Pics!

2A Last Rites Walnut/G-10 Spacer $653.00
    2B Nano Fusion Natural Outlaw ivory mosiac/G-10 bolster $664.00
    2C Nano Fusion Badger Attack Maple/G-10 bolster $539.00
    [​IMG]

#2 Handles Close-Up
    [​IMG]

3A Last Rites stacked bone/G-10 Bolster $822.00
    3B Custom Trail Point Urgent Fury Mammoth tooth/liners/Bolster $1104.00
    3C Nano Fusion Natural Outlaw Resin and Maple/G-10 bolster $619.00

[​IMG]

#3 Handles Close-up
    [​IMG]

4A Last Rites Stacked Bone/ G-10 Bolster $822.00
    4B Nuclear Nano Fusion Natural Outlaw Birdseye Maple/Bolster $705.00
    4C Nano Fusion Badger Attack Cactus and Resin/G-10 Bolster $584.00

[​IMG]

#4 Handles Close-Up
    [​IMG]

2. TheGrownUpKid

TheGrownUpKid Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jul 2, 2013
    Yowza.

The grips on 3C are unreal.

Ralph Kazokas and sixplymaple like this.
  3. DamascusBowie

DamascusBowie Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 20, 2016
    4C scales are sublime.

4. PeteyTwoPointOne

PeteyTwoPointOne Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jun 10, 2014
    Just took delivery of a Last Rites...boy howdy is that a nice model in hand :thumbsup:-- but the looks of mine pales in comparison to the glory of these jewels! :cool:

MR HAPPY and Leonardo63 like this.
  5. Leonardo63

Leonardo63 Gold Member Gold Member

May 24, 2017
    Jaw dropping goodness!

6. UNRL Ghandi

UNRL Ghandi Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 24, 2013
    You gotta stop Boss, these are awesome! Think I might need 4b, 3b, and 2c. :)

If only one??? 3b seems to be calling to me. Yikes!

7. taklamakan

taklamakan

Nov 30, 2012
    The trailing point Urgent Fury should be its own model offering.

ironmike86 likes this.
  8. RobStanley

RobStanley Platinum Member Platinum Member

Dec 27, 2006
    Wow!!! That crab shack is full of awesome creativity!!!

9. rxavage

rxavage

Aug 16, 2014
    I think I might try for 4c

10. Kenneth F Huls

Kenneth F Huls Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 11, 2012
    REALLY super excited no one has mentioned that fugly #2A loser of an excuse for a so-called knife. But TOTALLY understandable. I mean, can you believe that thing?! :D

11. hhmoore

hhmoore Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 7, 2014
    2A is the only one I would go for...I just don't care for the look of g10 bolsters on fancy scales. (Saves me money when I open these threads, though)

gk4ever2 likes this.
  12. Kenneth F Huls

Jul 11, 2012
    I hear ya', though as you undoubtedly agree, to each their own, right?!

13. ironmike86

ironmike86 Basic Member Basic Member

Nov 5, 2006
    So there is only one offering? Only the knife shown?

14. hhmoore

hhmoore Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 7, 2014
    Yup. If people didn't buy 'em, they wouldn't keep making them. But the ones I don't like help improve improve my chances of getting the ones I do, so:thumbsup:

You might want to scroll through the first post again, I counted 9 knives

Kenneth F Huls likes this.
  15. ironmike86

ironmike86 Basic Member Basic Member

Nov 5, 2006
    Yeah I'm. Talking for each knife.

16. zmbhntr

zmbhntr ̿' ̿'\̵͇̿̿\з=(•̪●)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿''̿ ̿

Jul 28, 2014
    I’m glad that the crab shack has been able to release so many custom shop offerings lately, but why not just open the custom shop to start accepting custom orders?!?!

gk4ever2 likes this.
  17. DamascusBowie

DamascusBowie Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 20, 2016
    I agree that theyre still fancy even with the g10, theyre not even light users, but dangit they can look so good in the right combination, especially unique g10 colors with matching liners, scales and pins. The way I figure, some of my knives will always be safe queens, might as well be the fancy ones :D

18. Private Klink

Private Klink Gold Member Gold Member

May 30, 2017
    I suspect that they can keep pumping out these extra-expensive knives at these high prices easier than catering to customers' requests.

19. Busto

Busto KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jul 26, 2011
    Excellent Reasoning....as well as utilizing Crab Shack Manpower on Standard Configuration Orders to help reduce wait times which were starting to average 6 months that's a whole lotta knives and customers waiting 2 weeks:eek::eek::eek:

20. Kenneth F Huls

Jul 11, 2012
    I respect your take on these "customs" (quite arguably technically NOT customs since they are not ordered as per a customer's specs/request), but I disagree that "they're not even light users. . . ." Take your example of G10 bolsters with + pick a scale type. G10 bolsters are of course made of G10, one of the toughest materials one can use on a handle. Does not matter that it is a bolster rather than a full scale. No less durable. Add a scale material of shorter length. Most of these "customs" are rounded out with some sort of stabilized natural material. Likely not as tough as G10, or Micarta (or carbon fiber, or many other handle materials), but many, many production and custom "users" employ natural materials in the handle. Then take my "object de luste." #2A. It is oak. Freakin' OAK! Strong wood, there. With a little thin G10 liner. Pretty to my eye, but tough nonetheless. I have used many wooden handled knives as knives were intended to be used without them failing in that regard. These will not break through intended use as a knife. And though I have not specifically asked, I have not heard it said that they carry a lesser version of the Busse guaranty. I strongly suspect that they don't.

Now one may view these offerings as so-called safe queens simply due to price and scarcity = future value. One can make an investment of whatever one chooses. I will note, however, that I have seen precious few of these knives on the for sale threads. And some of the ones I have seen offered have not sold quickly or at all. And if one does not plan on selling, then why not use the thing??? The honestly earned hallmarks of use on a tool add beauty (and good memories). It is also a "home mod" that truly makes it yours.

just my take for what it is worth.

Cheers!