Here's a New Payload Clue for a Whole New State!!!!!!

Jerry Busse

See how many of the tines on this cactus are missing??? Well, they're missing because when I knelt down to bury this state's "Nuclear Payload" blade. . . I knelt directly on this death trap!!!! Pulled cactus points out of my leg for the next three days!!!

Attachments

• cactus.jpg
    cactus.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 1,323
I beleive it is in Florida. Compare the one reddish leaf to a map of Florida. It also looks to have been shaped a little. Don't know much about Florida. Anyone else?

I have lived for 12 years in Florida, and not once have I seen a cactus here....

My guess is the southwest US....

Hmmm... never seen a cactus like that in Florida eh? Well, I'm in SE North Carolina and we have all those apparent varieties of "oak" leaves, fire ants, sand, and prickly pear cactus that grow low on the ground like that. They are a pain in the @$$, often literally if you don't look where you sit.

I don't even see the fire ants, but I've seen plenty of cactus in sout west Florida and those leaves don't look anything like regular red or white oak.

No I don't think they are Oak leaves. Oak leaves are multi-lobed and pointed. These are smooth and ellipitical, almost like Magnolia leaves. Might they be a clue? Maybe a state flower...LA...MS...or maybe not.
Stay Safe,
Clyde

Those may be shingle oak leaves...shingle oak leaves don't look anything like red, white, or black oak leaves...my guess is; the blade is burried in Cincinnati ;) :).

Matt

Jerry,

I believe that is a "Prickly Pear Cactus" that is the state plant of Texas. That would lead me to believe that the next "payload is located in Texas.

Am I right:D

I was thinking pin oak leaves, which look nothing like regular oak leaves. I'll have to pull out a few manuals.

They aren't pin oak leaves. I've only seen cactus' like that
in people's houses!!:D

My honest guess is Ohio...there is a pretty good population of shingle oak trees here ;). I even know where there is a cactus growing ;) :p :p :rolleyes:

Holy mother of no lobes!!!:eek:
They definitely look like Single Oak!:cool:

So this means we're looking in the area between USDA zones 4b to 8a, right! (looks like we're getting close guys...:p):D

...and getting on to the tines bit:confused:
Weren't JD's cultivator equipment and barbed wire both brewed up in Illinois???

(but both species of plants are quite a bit farther south than where both of these inventions occured...:confused:.)

Back