Here's a New Payload Clue for a Whole New State!!!!!!

And now for something completely different!

I think thoes are Eucalyptus leaves. There are areas that look like this in the Bay Area, CA. The cactus isn't overly common, but not impossible. It could also be southern CA or Nevada. So, I'm thinking generally, the south west.

-Red-

The leaves look to be (possibly) either Sweetbay or perhaps Southern Magnolia.

The Sweetbay (what I think it is) is found from eastern Texas all around the southeastern coastal states, all through Florida, up to slightly above Virginia.

I'm working on the cactus, but I think it's some kind of prickly pear.

Those look like dried up Rhododendron leaves & I got one in the front of my house! Now just let me find a cactus growing there & I'm rich!!!

Maybe the tines remark is supposed to be South Fork Texas? Isn't cactus point in Texas also?

Hmmm, Andrew might be trying to side track us:p!

It could be virginia magnolia or even laurel but I'm putting my money on the oak (what else has that nice deep reddish brown fall color);)

I asked about the cactus on a cacti forum and got this response:

"It is an opuntia. The kind sort of depends on the color of the flower. Opuntias are cold hardy all over the US."

well I don't know which scares me more, that THERE IS a cactus forum or that you were able to find it :eek: :D :p :D

The soil looks very similar to the soil around here after the Mt. St. Helens eruption. There are still places in Eastern Oregon and Washington where you see this coloration. There are also cacti in the Columbia River Gorge.

I made the mistake of focusing on the southeast. Must keep an open mind.

Yeah, I live in Quincy, Washington and I've seen cacti like that just around here. Jerry, you're getting me excited.....is this the washington knife you've been teasing me about?

The initial clue stated to "See how many of the tines on this cactus are missing???"
As best as I could count, I saw that 11 were missing. Chronologically, the states joined the union in this order.
Delaware, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Connecticut, Georgia, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New York, South Carolina, Virginia, North Carolina, Rhode Island, Vermont...Virginia
If only 28 of those tines were missing...

Faded Picture,

Okay, now that was good! I wish I had tought of it! Doggone it, if you guys are going to be that good. . . I'm gonna have to tighten these clues up a little bit.

Jerry

Break Down time:

1. See how many of the (tines) on this cactus are missing???
cactus, and tines

2. Well, they're missing because when I (knelt) down to bury this state's ("Nuclear Payload") blade. . .
knelt, and would not put it past him to use the nuc. payload part for a state out west getting a real nuclear payload..

3. I knelt directly on this (death trap)!!!!
death trap

4. Pulled cactus (points) out of my leg for the next (three) days!!!
three days

Back