Here's my favorite handgun, how about yours??

My "favorite" is my Lar Grizzly 45 win mag.
I don't have a pic with me. Mine is at home whilst I am on the road.
My carry gun on the other hand...
toys3.jpg

Last edited:
You guys with those Les Baer Thunder Ranch 1911s are making me waaay jealous. My dream gun.

Man, I'm so .... old fashioned.

1: .22LR H&R model 999 sportsman with 6 inch barrel. Capable of good small game hunting at 50 yard ranges, tack driver. ( rounds, break top, with speed loaders. Just THE trail pistol for anything short of big bear country (and even then if you have a rifle or something)

2: Savage 1917 'user heirloom' .32ACP pocket pistol. This is a shooter. It's about due for another rebluing job (it's had one before) but operates cleanly and makes me happy.

dospistoles.jpg

you wouldn't believe how the H&R shoots! I remember seeing them used for $125 to $150 and now it's $250-$300. There's a reason for that! I've considered many times asking a gunsmith if it would be possible to put an elevation adjustable sight on.

The savage is a good shooter. The sights are very minimalistic, but it's a close range defense gun, and it shoots so easy it's mostly a matter of drilling yourself to hold it right. More comfortable to hold than a PPK, and the 7 rounds cap isn't so bad for the size. It's not a high end colt .380 pocket pistol, but it does the job.

My favorite,...... my 1968 Ruger MK1, too many tens of thousands of rounds fired, never a problem, the gun I CCW is my Taurus 9mm Millenium, fits great and shoots straight. :)

Here is my favorite gun. You guys got some great stuff.

Attachments

• OPS.jpg
    OPS.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 10
I *think* I'm tied.

Between my fullsize 9x19/9x23mm Para-Ordnance framed 1911, and my 9x19mm Commander that Virgil Tripp breathed on. Very different pieces, the Commander looks new and has only vestigial sights, while the frame of the PO is missing most of the paint and it has enormous high-vis sights. The PO is accurate as hell, and the Commander has perhaps the best trigger pull I've felt on a handgun.

In general, though, it's just hard to beat how a 4" S&W N frame feels in the hand. One day I'll have one, probably in 29/629, 57/657, or 25/625.

John

Lots of awesome guns here, especially 1911s! Love those guns. But, I just love .357s, especially Rugers. Just got my first handgun, a Ruger GP100 a couple days ago. Already posted this pretty crappy picture in Stomper's forum, but I think I'll show it off here too:

n17212705_36848567_83.jpg

I promise I will take some better pictures in a week or so.

I need a new wheel gun. ...and a model 1894 Marlin ...and a Stoeger side x side ...and and and...

I think I'm going to try to track down a Marlin 336 in .35 Remington next. My other love affair with guns involves the Marlin 336. Although I would also like to get a smaller .38 revolver for concealed carry as well.

You might consider just going for one of the .357 Marlins, instead. Ammo commonality, and a .357 from a rifle barrel makes a fine woods deer gun.

John

Its funny you say that. A gun store up here has two Henry's right side by side. One .44 and one .357. I already have a .357 pistol. But I lust after that .44 a lot.

You know, I have thought about the .357 Marlin, but I'm just not that sure about it yet. Probably will get one eventually, but there are others I think will come first.

Well, if you're looking for a quick-handling woods gun with easy to find ammo, it's a good bet.

The only PCC I currently have is a Winchester Trapper .45 Colt. I've got it zeroed for GA Arm 265 HPs, a stouter load than traditional, but still less than the Buffalo Bore and similar stuff.

Well, I posted a pic of my favorite auto. Here's a pic of my favorite revolver...

100_2576.jpg

100_2487-1.jpg

100_2485.jpg

Me old Model 28 Highway Patrolman. .357 Mag. First handgun I ever bought.

Andy

Back