HEST/F Acquisition Timeline

Status
Not open for further replies.
This remains unclear and only RYP will be able to clarify this. Last we were told LEs were delayed and Production would therefore be released. Since then no news so no need to speculate.

I am sure that RYP, Tom or Gianni will let us all know in due time.

The sooner the better hopefully something will be stateside soon! :)

I hope the discussion we had here about the wave feature hasn't delayed the folder being shipped and sold.

I hope the discussion we had here about the wave feature hasn't delayed the folder being shipped and sold.
That would be a pisser wouldn't it..... :D

An "off the wall" discussion by a bunch of "Internet Experts" causing the delay of the awaited HEST/F so legal could be double checked & the silly suggestion of copyright violation [by a couple of people] be revisited.

Would that not be ironic.........
:D ... ;)

Seeing as how the folder is a "folding" version of the fixed blade H.E.S.T., which also includes the bottle opener, I don't see how it could be a problem. The fact that the bottle opener can perform other tricks is cool as well, but I don't believe it was put on the folder with "waving" in mind, since you can't "wave" the fixed blade version which it was designed after.

But what do I know...I'm just an enthusiast, a customer, and a fan.

That would be a pisser wouldn't it..... :D

An "off the wall" discussion by a bunch of "Internet Experts" causing the delay of the awaited HEST/F so legal could be double checked & the silly suggestion of copyright violation [by a couple of people] be revisited.

Would that not be ironic.........
:D ... ;)

I don't know if it would be ironic, but I'm just throwing it out there. They were to be shipped from the factory was it two weeks ago? Now we may see them in February...I'm trying to bridge that gap of time with ideas on what may be happening.

They were to be shipped from the factory was it two weeks ago?

I was wondering if they have been shipped as well. I called my dealer and he has not received a invoice from dpx yet. So not sure that they have shipped yet. May RYP or someone from dpx or lion steel can lets us regular production buyers know if they have crossed the ocean yet??

Last edited:
Seeing as how the folder is a "folding" version of the fixed blade H.E.S.T., which also includes the bottle opener, I don't see how it could be a problem. The fact that the bottle opener can perform other tricks is cool as well, but I don't believe it was put on the folder with "waving" in mind, since you can't "wave" the fixed blade version which it was designed after.

Well said, I agree with you. :thumbup:

This is a logical observation and makes sense to me . . .

I don't know if it would be ironic, but I'm just throwing it out there. They were to be shipped from the factory was it two weeks ago? Now we may see them in February...I'm trying to bridge that gap of time with ideas on what may be happening.

from what RYP has said in some of the other threads, the hold up on the LEs seems to be due to delays in some of the extra goodies that get bundles with those 250 knives.

that's why the production versions may actually get shipped before the LEs.

no clue what goodies are causing the delay.

Well said, I agree with you. :thumbup:
This is a logical observation and makes sense to me . . .
I am in total agreement with you also, let me make that clear. :thumbup: .. :D
I was just pointing out the irony "IF" that were to be a cause. ;)

As bad as I want this knife, especially because I have already paid for the sterile LE and have been waiting for Roger at Knifeworks to email me for payment on the production model my magic 8 ball says "February".

Why might you ask that my magic 8 ball sounds pessimistic? I don't know, I honestly hate the stupid thing.... ;) but it's usually right. Aaaannnnnddd I don't have to keep wondering when it's gonna ship.

If it's still the first week of the month and the folders are made, but still in Italy, not shipped, not through customs, not packed with our goodies and whatever else RYP had planned....February or close too it sounds about right.

Not being negative, I want this product. :D

Just my two pennies...

You could very well be right on the time line. Obviously, we're all in a hurry to get our different versions of the HEST folder. And, in a perfect world, we would get them exactly as we want, when we want. But we all know that many factors can play into that and throw a snag into things sometimes. I'm glad RYP has taken the route he has of delaying them until they are perfect as he wants. I'd rather wait a bit and have the knife be right, then get it earlier and be disappointed. They're gonna be sweet, that's for sure. :thumbup:

I need to get me a magic 8 ball! :D

As bad as I want this knife, especially because I have already paid for the sterile LE and have been waiting for Roger at Knifeworks to email me for payment on the production model my magic 8 ball says "February".

Why might you ask that my magic 8 ball sounds pessimistic? I don't know, I honestly hate the stupid thing.... ;) but it's usually right. Aaaannnnnddd I don't have to keep wondering when it's gonna ship.

If it's still the first week of the month and the folders are made, but still in Italy, not shipped, not through customs, not packed with our goodies and whatever else RYP had planned....February or close too it sounds about right.

Not being negative, I want this product. :D

Just my two pennies...

I did the unthinkable yesterday - I actually sent an email off to Linda and asked the status. I know its fun to guess, but figured why not.. here is what was said

Dear Adam,
Here is the most up to date information we have...The 250 Limited Edition
Folders have been produced and the inspection of each knife has been
completed. We decided to add an additional item to the Limited Edition
package as well as create a more efficient container for shipping. We
estimate shipping from the factory in the next two weeks, barring any
unforeseen delays.
Regards,
Linda

So... they are done, and haven't shipped. Within two weeks.. could mean tomorrow, could mean two weeks. I think they are playing it safe by saying that, keeps anybody from freaking out when they don't arrive on some exact date....

And.. I couldn't help but notice that Italy is only 3500 miles from Somalia... so maybe RYP will pick them all up for us on his way back. :cool:

I wonder if that is a similar timeline for the standard models..

I did the unthinkable yesterday - I actually sent an email off to Linda and asked the status.

for shame Darth, for shame! Logic? Whhhhhhyyyy? Haha.

Thanks for checking man, I personally would like to know why there isn't more being said destruction wise. I know it was said that only a few had the knifes but more has been said about the rotoblock and what color the knife is. This knife reads of quality, Lion steel (I do not have one, but read about) seems more than legit, but I wanna see this thing cut some crap....!!!

I mean come on, the first thing Im gonna do is put that production model to freakin work! My HEST works! I like sharp things, I want to see it cutting stuff!!!! :D

Are you (yes, YOU) with me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back