HEST/F Acquisition Timeline

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope that's not a Busse two weeks! :eek::thumbup::D hehe

I did the unthinkable yesterday - I actually sent an email off to Linda and asked the status. I know its fun to guess, but figured why not.. here is what was said

So... they are done, and haven't shipped. Within two weeks.. could mean tomorrow, could mean two weeks. I think they are playing it safe by saying that, keeps anybody from freaking out when they don't arrive on some exact date....

And.. I couldn't help but notice that Italy is only 3500 miles from Somalia... so maybe RYP will pick them all up for us on his way back. :cool:

NOTHING HAS SHIPPED YET>>>I don't expect the knife till end Jan begin Feb..That is how it is

NOTHING HAS SHIPPED YET>>>I don't expect the knife till end Jan begin Feb..That is how it is

Not trying to be smart, but you know this how? RYP said the regular production was done and to ship out 2 weeks ago. Like I said would like to know if it actually happened. I'm not online every day and I would like to know when the regular production might arrive so I dont miss my email from my dealer asking for payment. I'm not in a rush. If it's march, i dont care just would like to know so I don't miss out.

Read the Dates

Remember its now Jan 7 11

Originally Posted by RYP View Post
Here is where we are. LionSteel will have finally finished all the First Run knives by tomorrow evening. He will have also finished all the skull tools. BUT

I wanted Limited Edition owners to have very cool goodies that you will see on delivery. Two of the vendors have not delivered yet (I am not going to reveal names to protect the guilty). There have been significant weather and air freight problems so I will cut them some slack.

This means we are NOT going to ship the First Run DPx HEST/Folders before Christmas. This is a decision I am making. First to make sure Gianni has the time to inspect every knife, get the entire package together and secondly so that no one gets their knives delivered when businesses are closed etc.

We will be shipping the regular production of DPx HEST/F products next week to dealers and will keep dealers and customers updated directly and via this forum. Keep in mind your dealer has to process and ship your order after he gets his knife.

I am standing by during the holidays to sign and number each of the 250 knives so I don't want to hear any whining.

RYP---------How about Just a firm shipping Date......Or some idea whats up last you said you were numbering them on 12 12 10--------------it now 12 29 10..when will they ship please.....Thanks
=====
Nov 29''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

Dec 30 th

Here is the most up to date information we have...The 250 Limited Edition Folders have been produced and the inspection of each knife has been completed. We decided to add an additional item to the Limited Edition package as well as create a more efficient container for shipping. We estimate shipping from the factory in the next two weeks, barring any unforeseen delays.
Regards,
Linda
DPxGearTeam

On Thu, Dec 30, 2010 at 7:04 AM,
So you wont see this knife till the end of January

I'd appreciate it if someone from the company would set it strait. Otherwise it is all assumptions.

Read the Dates

Here is where we are. LionSteel will have finally finished all the First Run knives by tomorrow evening. He will have also finished all the skull tools. BUT

I wanted Limited Edition owners to have very cool goodies that you will see on delivery. Two of the vendors have not delivered yet (I am not going to reveal names to protect the guilty). There have been significant weather and air freight problems so I will cut them some slack.

This means we are NOT going to ship the First Run DPx HEST/Folders before Christmas. This is a decision I am making. First to make sure Gianni has the time to inspect every knife, get the entire package together and secondly so that no one gets their knives delivered when businesses are closed etc.

We will be shipping the regular production of DPx HEST/F products next week to dealers and will keep dealers and customers updated directly and via this forum. Keep in mind your dealer has to process and ship your order after he gets his knife.

I am standing by during the holidays to sign and number each of the 250 knives so I don't want to hear any whining.

RYP---------How about Just a firm shipping Date......Or some idea whats up last you said you were numbering them on 12 12 10--------------it now 12 29 10..when will they ship please.....Thanks
=====

Dec 30 th

Here is the most up to date information we have...The 250 Limited Edition Folders have been produced and the inspection of each knife has been completed. We decided to add an additional item to the Limited Edition package as well as create a more efficient container for shipping. We estimate shipping from the factory in the next two weeks, barring any unforeseen delays.
Regards,
Linda
DPxGearTeam

Just to make this real clear I dont care about the limited models and most that you quoted refers to the Limited models. The only reference to the regular production says that they will ship what ever week that post was. All the other posts are refering to limited, not sure why you are lumping the 2 models together as RYP says that regular production will ship before the limited. But again until RYP or someone from DPX chimes in nobody, not me or anyone knows!

Read the Dates

=====

Dec 30 th

Regards,
Linda
DPxGearTeam

Read the dates?

This is such a garbled mess I can't make sense of any of it.

If any one of these had shipped, there would be a thread ten minutes after someone unpacked it, with pictures and twelve thousand responses to it. I guarantee it.

i personally think i prefer them making sure everything is gtg on the knives, limited or regular so that we will be less likely to see warranty issues right off the bat. who wants to get this badass new knife and send it back for something QC missed if the propper inspection was completed.

also, i highly doubt RYP is avoiding us here on the forum. im sure he is out doing what he does. its not like he owns a warehouse and punches the clock at 9 and 5. he is on here when he can be and i feel he has given updates when he can. i read in another thread about the titanium bead for the lanyard and a psk that were not received yet for limited edition knives. As far as the Dec 30th email i would not be throwing a hissy fit until the 2 weeks is up and no update has been given. i think that would be the 14th, you could also account some time for the holidays. we have some shops that are mom and pop that shut down from dec20?-the first monday after the new year. we dont know what the hold up is and i dont blame him for not pointing fingers on who did not deliver LE goods on time because some A$$hat would be sending them emails about why his knife has not shipped yet..i agree with what has already been said as far as not pre-ordering, if it is not in stock at purchase wait til it is so then you can only complain about the seller or the company handling the delivery.

guess the best thing i can relate to all of this is like wanting a new year model car when you see the concept. you know you want it and will buy it when you can, but would you like it if they sold it to you before testing and propper QC? i wouldnt.

Sorry for u its very clear if you read right to left top to bottom....

Oh, sorry. My mistake. I speak English, and that reads from left to right.

Your dates are wrong, your information is messy and useless.

Why is "that is how it is"?

It may well BE the end of January/start of February before we see it, but it is odd that you would declare such things having nothing to do with the project.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back