HEST Non-ferrous

Status
Not open for further replies.
From DPx's site

hest_dive.jpeg

As much as I love the wicked sharp point on the original HEST, I do have to admit I like how that one looks a little more more tool-ish and a little less weapon-ish. That could definitely be a plus in some situations.

As much as I love the wicked sharp point on the original HEST, I do have to admit I like how that one looks a little more more tool-ish and a little less weapon-ish. That could definitely be a plus in some situations.

I love that chisel tip on the business end of the knife! That's one of the best looking ones that I've ever seen. That hex driver on the back end would be a great addition also!

I love that chisel tip on the business end of the knife! That's one of the best looking ones that I've ever seen. That hex driver on the back end would be a great addition also!

I'm really liking the hex driver, the serrations, the change in angle I think is there on the pry bar (not as noticeable in this angle as on the other one on the website), the wire strippers, and the chisel tip. I could add that one to my tool belt if I liked. This one definitely has my interest!

hmmma non ferrous knife in steel?? Why the hell didn't I think of that! :)) Actually you raise a good point. We should explore some hard use blade profiles for the HEST. Maybe even a thicker blade 6mm, no hollow handle specifically made to hammer chisel open doors, etc.

hmmma non ferrous knife in steel?? Why the hell didn't I think of that! :)) Actually you raise a good point. We should explore some hard use blade profiles for the HEST. Maybe even a thicker blade 6mm, no hollow handle specifically made to hammer chisel open doors, etc.

I work with explosives and will be buying a non-ferrous HEST (that would also explain the replacement folder blade in Ti post) when they become available for work. I like the style and prefer steel for non work carry. Even if I'm not planning to dig into concrete like some others have done with their HEST, I have used my knives hard and think that blade shape would be ideal for my lifestyle. Thanks for understanding.

RYP, do we need to discuss compensation for my replaceable blade idea for the Hest/F?

A complimentary production Hest/F would be nice plus a quiver of blades for the Hest/F. :)

yes your internet idea check is in the idea bank but the intellectual funds are on hold.

I like your thinking Amigo! A balls to the wall chisel point made for hammering on to pry anything open and or get it out. That would make for a great personal urban assault tool for Marines and Soldiers fighting in any MOUT scenario!!!!! Draw it up!:D

Last edited:
I carry and use titanium knives almost exclusively as I live, work and play (hunt, fish and dive) in South Louisiana where brackish, salt water, MUD, and HUMIDITY rain supreme. I carry solid titanium folders with beta ti blades and LOVE em. They don't rust, leave wet, muddy, bloody, sweaty, it doesn't matter and their tough.

I'm the one who had ask the other day about a solid titanium handle hest folder for that very reason thinking I could live with the blade maybe or try and have Warren Thomas are someon make me a titanium blade for it. Man if you would make a folder with a beta ti blade, I could get the G10 handle duped in 6Al4V and have the back spacers and other parts made in same and be in business. Watch beta titanium over RC 45-47 it has a tendency to get REAL BRITTLE or so I was told by John before he died as he was always looking for a better version of BETA TI to use but never could come across anything that just didn't get too brittle over 45-47. He had ref a special batch made for a specific military application that was around 53-55 and was not brittle that had undergone a very special and VERY EXPENSIVE heat treat but someone bought the last of it before he got it.

Non ferrous knives are awesome I carry and use em every day please do some kinda 3 inch folder or make a replacement blade for the hest folder! Glad to see someone else enter into the non ferrous knife market. Keep us posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back