Hey guys, what did you get to add to your survival gear, or kit?

Flix, it'll be fine, try placing it on an "even" fire, not a hotspot where it could warp in one spot. Nice container.
Longbow's MMM Lockback is a beautiful piece!
Leathermen, Trekkers, Survivorman CD's...dang you guys cleaned up!
NICE.

I got a Kydex press.
So it will tie in with Wilderness and Survival as I try to come up with some survival sheaths with attached pouches.
So far just learning how to make standard sheaths.
Might try a mini-mag light holder for an urban sheath next.

Made this one tonight.
FBMSheath3.jpg

got a SAK, a survival blanket, a magnesium firestarter and another flint-all good starting tools. i had to get myself a knife :)

Santa brought me a crank-to-cahrge combo LED light and cell phone charger, and AA solar battery charger. I converted cash and gift certificates into another Vic Farmer (on sale!), a carbon Mora Clipper, another Stansport 1l pot with handle/lock-down lid, and another AMK Pocket Survival Kit. Woot!

Santa brought me a crank-to-cahrge combo LED light and cell phone charger, and AA solar battery charger. I converted cash and gift certificates into another Vic Farmer (on sale!), a carbon Mora Clipper, another Stansport 1l pot with handle/lock-down lid, and another AMK Pocket Survival Kit. Woot!

where would someone find that crank to charge ? im looking to build s kit myself

A windproof refillable butane lighter, Seal Skinz socks, a Farmer model SAK, and a really nice Finnish puukko!

2002050615066230010b.jpg

PS - ALWAYS bring enough knife for the task, and in a wilderness survival situation, the task is CHOPPING! If you don't have at least 8 inches of blade (bare minimum 5/16" thick), then you don't have enough chopping ability to quickly get a shelter built.

To put it simply, a big blade can do pretty much everything a small blade can, but a small blade simply CANNOT do the things a big blade can.

A good chopper can SAVE YOUR LIFE.

M40 , welcome!!
I've read your site numerous times, a great resource and I like the no-nonsense approach.

Slip-on ice creepers, a Filipino bolo, Wilderness & Travel Medicine by Eric Weiss, Dies The Fire by S.M. Stirling, a blankie for my easy chair while I'm reading survival/adventure books.

My friend gave me a bolo knife and I bought a Woolrich heavy wool shirt for 1$ at the local thrift. I also bought a Gortex(TM) Realtree patterned rain parka for 8 bucks. Oh yea ,my other friend gave me a Case xx jungle survival machete.

Back