HI Christmas gifts!!

I just thought I'd post a thread to see who got what, if anything.

I, for one, got a beautiful 18-inch wood-handled WWII by Bura. God, it's sooo nice. I halved a 5-inch log in no time flat. Then cleaned it and applied Break-Free CLP. Shiny once more! No rolling, even on some really seasoned cold wood. I'm really impressed. And it even came with the HI pin! :) Best wishes to UB, Yangdu, Bura, and all at HI!

I'd especially like to thank Munk. You got me started here, man, and recommended this knife. You didn't disappoint me! :)

So, what'd everybody else get? Post pics if you can! I can't, sadly. :( Oh, well!

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all!!

Best wishes always,

Nam

PS, I also got, among other things, a Leatherman Charge Ti. Wow! Politics aside, this is one awesome multitool!

I didn't buy any HI Christmas specials this year. :( But I made up for it the last two years with four Christmas specials: a 25" kobra by Kumar; a Bura BGRS; a Bura Hanshee and a Tibetan sword.

I also bought a multitool, this one for a friend who is deploying to Iraq next month. I chose the SOG Powerlock because 1. it's a great tool and 2. I'm still cheesed off with Leatherman over the political thing. :grumpy:

Since the kids are out of town my family will celebrate Christmas on January 2nd. Hope you all are having a wonderful day! :)

Good news, Nam!

You'll find lots of other good stuff, but there's a reason the WWll is all around.

For Christmas I got some flannel sheets. When my wife showed me pictures of various designs I picked the little fishes. "You're Kidding?" She asked.

The little fishes were a children's selection. Next time planets.

munk

munk said:
For Christmas I got some flannel sheets.

munk
Flannel sheets are wonderful!:D The only downside is that they *can cause* little fishes of another sort to come along.:rolleyes: :p ;) :D

Glad to hear you got sheets, Munk! Fishes are soooo "in"! :D

Since posting, I've recieved another knife from my grandparents. They gave me a really meaningful gift, promised me when I was very small.

They gave me a beautiful, decorated, double-edged arabian dagger. Swept blade, hand-made silver and brass sheath with beautiful designs. Wish I had a real account to show you all.

Also got Saudi head-scarf and the thick black cords to keep it on my head. The dagger and the apparrel were given to them many years ago when they worked for a college and were liasons to a bunch of Saudi kids. Given to them with great pride, and given to me with the same. This means a lot. (they say next year I get the Thub (sp?), the Saudi robe. My grandpa's a 3-4XL, so I pray it fits! :) )

Also got a lot of hiking stuff, new first-aid kit, car accessories, etc. But the WWII and this Saudi stuff really hit me in the heart. These things really mean a lot. This was indeed a good Christmas.

Best wishes to you all.

Nam

Good Christmas, all. :)

It's late, so I'm off.

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night. :)

Best wishes always,

Nam

Rusty

Munk?

Flannel is good. Satin sheets on the other hand are like sleeping on ball-bearings lubricated with teflon. Squeeze the pillow and watch it squirt off the bed. Turn over and feel yourself continue moving off the bed. You may think they would be conducive to hanky panky? NOT!

Rusty said:
Munk?

Flannel is good. Satin sheets on the other hand are like sleeping on ball-bearings lubricated with teflon. Squeeze the pillow and watch it squirt off the bed. Turn over and feel yourself continue moving off the bed. You may think they would be conducive to hanky panky? NOT!
LMRRAO!!!!:D Ain't it the truth Bro? I bought a couple of sets of satin sheets when I first bought a water bed several years ago and you're right, they are slick!
Wasn't quite as bad being on a water bed about sliding off, but when you went to move and the mattress kept rolling so did you, made for some hilarious, among other things, Hanky Panky as you call it.:D :eek: :rolleyes: :eek:

Daniel Koster

www.kosterknives.com
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
No H.I. khuks as gifts for me....

But I did break one........twice.....:(
(more on this later)

Oh, and my sister got me a hula-girl to put in my 70's car.....

:rolleyes:

So I had some fun with 'er....:D

If you put her on the dash she won't have all that cold air blowin' through her skirt.

Daniel Koster

www.kosterknives.com
that's ok....cause she ain't wearing no underwear....

:eek: :D :p

(gave my Sis a real hard time about this and then sent the photo below.....:D)

Watch it, Dan, this is a family forum. (nice legs, though).

As far as HI Christmas is concerned, I'm waiting to receive that mini-BGRS from a couple of days ago. Of course, the weather has chosen to become rainy and is expected to stay that way for at least another week, so I don't know how much testing I'll get done.

Also received a set of linked belts for my drill press. They're supposed to be great for reducing vibration. At least, the people who sell them say so. Now, I'll be able to drill vibrationless holes in the wrong place. A vast improvement.

I couldn't afford anythng of this size (being out of job sucks) ut i can imagine our customs clerks would make such a fuss about a khuk import that i wouldn't even want to go thrugh :)

My buddy Byron bought me the next Cherokee Rose or Uddha that comes available. :) I can hardly wait!

John

Go for the Rose. UDDA (sp?) looks too much like a big carving knife, even if it is HI. But then again, one could simply declare war on the next Thanksgiving turkey... :D

Nam

Well, I have been wanting a Rose for a while now. Then again, the Uddha does look like a really neat piece. Guess we'll see what Uncle Bill sends. :)

John

I just treated myself to a 12" AK. Too good to pass up as a UBB for 45 bucks.

Tough choice, John. If the Uddha is the one I'm thinking of, it reminds me a lot if a Khyber knife, which I've been lusting after since I saw one in JP's collection a couple of years ago.

Course, all of the recent talk about the Rose has me reconsidering my priorities.

Then again, can't QUITE see myself standing on a sandbar, waving an Uhdda, and shouting "By God, life is cheap. (you know the rest)".

Daniel Koster

www.kosterknives.com
I'm being lured by both.....:footinmou :(