• STOP USING PAYPAL FRIENDS & FAMILY
    Please, help us prevent you getting ripped off because someone got their account compromised by reusing their email & password. Read the new best practices for using the Exchange FAQ page.

HIKV and Horror movies

Well since I ordered my second kukri today (thanks Yangdu!) I am officially confirmed as having HIKV. I don't know how many people here watch horror movies,but I do,sometimes the cheesier the better. Usually this is a time rif ewith comments such as: "I'd stick 'im in a wood chipper.Let's see him come back from the dead then!" or "Ya know if he had a..." . I suppose it's a form of monday night quarterback. Heck even the most mentally challenged among us know better than to open the door to the basement, recite the words from ancient books written in blood etc.
I carry a zippo lighter on my belt in a leather pouch,since I don't smoke this does invite comment. My running joke reply is "Ya ever seen a horror movie? If you don't have a zippo you don't stand a chance at getting out alive." If you don't believe that check out Mimic, Deep Blue Sea,Tremors, etc,etc.
Well now that I have HIKV I've started looking at horror movies and saying,"Geez if he had a good kukri he could've taken that things head off then and there." Do any of you do the same thing? Is this another symptom of HIKV?

TWBryan

Hehehe I've bought an 18inch CAK, tibetan short sword and a seax because of horror movies, ..... and they're so damn cool :)
I'm gonna buy a lighter tomorow, good idea ;)

TW, what you really need to carry around with you is a flame thrower. Have you ever seen a zombie walk away from a full blast of one of those? :D

I must confess I have watched movies (not horror--haven't seen one in years) and thought that a character or two would have fared better with a Khuk. For example that bear movie with Anthony Hopkins and Alec Baldwin:D

Ah.,The Edge with Hopkins and Baldwin. Can you imagine what damage the guy with the dreadlocks would've done to himself with a kukri? But yah I think you are right, would've been better off with a kukri.

TWBryan

I often find myself getting mad at characters in movies who either don't pick up or discard perfectly good weapons when they know damn well there's danger just around the corner!

TW, what you really need to carry around with you is a flame thrower. Have you ever seen a zombie walk away from a full blast of one of those? :D

Have you ever seen a flaming zombie grasp a human in a burning embrace of death? It's hard to stop, drop, and roll when you're trapped in a bear-hug by a shambling foetid grease fire.

I'm confused ...I thought Rule #1 was run away,but don't trip while looking back? ;)

TWBryan

that's not rule #1, it's #7.

rule #1 is save your last round for yourself.

Rule #2. Don't be a hero. Survival is your goal. Not everyone can be saved, and for every group of folks you leave for the zombies to snack on, you put that much more distance between you and the shambling dead;) For more information on this topic, check out World War Z:D

So one needs to find the Last Stand Khuk in Hand thread from a couple years ago. That was a fun one;)

There is no situation (horror related or otherwise) that a khukuri would not improve:thumbup:

Jake

Okay, but don't forget rule #3: do NOT stand and scream 4-5 times when you discover your friend's mutilated corpse. He's gone man, scream later run NOW.

There is no situation (horror related or otherwise) that a khukuri would not improve

Err, Jake? While I agree completely, it's statements like that that can get you committed to Khuk rehab;) :D :eek:

Rule #2. Don't be a hero. Survival is your goal. Not everyone can be saved, and for every group of folks you leave for the zombies to snack on, you put that much more distance between you and the shambling dead;) For more information on this topic, check out World War Z:D

So one needs to find the Last Stand Khuk in Hand thread from a couple years ago. That was a fun one;)

There is no situation (horror related or otherwise) that a khukuri would not improve:thumbup:

Jake

I wouldn't want to have to swim with a 35 oz. CAK...!

;)

Andy

Err, Jake? While I agree completely, it's statements like that that can get you committed to Khuk rehab;) :D :eek:

Sorry i hadn't finished my coffee yet.

Jake

To paraphrase my horrible grammar: A khuk on your person is always a good thing. In fact, pack two. You're gonna drop one, or you might even get it stuck in a zombie's head. A back up would be key to making it through the dangers ahead.
Also, a brush up course in English 101 is fundimental to surviving a zombie outbreak. Nothing angers the dead more than bad grammar. Think about it, who is the first one in town to get bumped off? The idiot redneck.
"Zom-beez? I ain't never heard o' no reanimajamated corp-sez. No sir, there ain't never been such a thang in these here parts. What for kind of a thing is you talkin 'bout, boy? Why, I....<<gah!!>> <<munch munch munch>> <<zombie walks away frustrated at slim pickings of redneck brain>>

Jake

Back