Himalayan Imports Picture Thread

Hey Andy, thanks for the pic of the Karda 'in hand'. Now that I see the size class it's in, I have added that model to my list as well.

Excellent :thumbup:

It's a nice size. Not too heavy, the handle is very comfortable. I'm refinishing it with superglue right now and will post some more pics later.

I'll probably also redo the handle on the Lok Bowie.

Andy

my ignorance, please forgive as I'm new to Khukri's -

what's "DOTD"?

and where might I buy one for my own "enjoyment" ? :D

thanks again...

If one is after beauty and functionally in Khuk's, I feel it hard to go past this M-43 made by Sher Kami and originally owned and photographed by Ben Sweet.

HIAntlerhandleM43175inch27ounceb-1.jpg

HIAntlerhandleM43175inch27ouncebySh.jpg

HIM-43ownedbyBenSweethi1-7.jpg

I getcha. You're using "finish" like a painter would. Gloss, semi-gloss, eggshell, matte, flat, light absorbing, uber evil absorbing black hole of light's death, etc. Which is probably the correct way to use the word, but my way made sense in my own mind.

I guess I'm not too worried about rust. All of my blades are treated with Butcher's Bowling Alley Wax and it's kept them very nice for me. I still need to deal with horn handle shrinkage but... I really just like the look of the black blades. However, I want my cake and I want to eat it. I don't want to do a lot of work to maintain a nice black finish like that, but I still want it on my users.

I'll probably end up with the FeCl etch, but man is that deep black gorgeous...

If one is after beauty and functionally in Khuk's, I feel it hard to go past this M-43 made by Sher Kami and originally owned and photographed by Ben Sweet.

Very unique!:thumbup: That red scabbard is great little twist (it would have looked great with mine), and what are those lovely, white handles made from?

and what are those lovely, white handles made from?

Thank you for your kind words.

The handle material is Antler, just not as flashy as on the Khuk.

I stand to be corrected, but I think the Antler came from a Montana Elk?

(Sorry Bruce, couldn't resist)

Or, for beauty and functionality, there's what I consider one of the most beautiful kukris out there, the Dui Chirra, and of course, with it's nickname of the Nepali Swiss Army Knife, it comes with extra toys (er, tools):
(Yangdu's pics of the one I bought):
DuiChirra04.jpg

DuiChirra01.jpg

DuiChirra05.jpg

That's nothing.
Someone (maybe Tedwca) has a sort of display with two Dui Chirra flanking a framing a center piece.

Believe me, my collection is small compared to some of these guys!

Ehhhhh - nice pic's Andy...:yawn:

but when are ya' gonna empty the vault and show us "the full monty" ? :eek:

Ehhhhh - nice pic's Andy...:yawn:

but when are ya' gonna empty the vault and show us "the full monty" ? :eek:

I never pose nude with sharp objects! :cool:

Truth be told, I have given away quite a few of my mid-sized khuks to family members. I've been trying to give them to my many adult nephews for birthdays and other special occasions.

Spreadin' the HIV! ;)

Andy

Back