"HOG Muk" Proto. . . Sneak Peek ! ! ! !

WOW !!!!

Go away for a few days and look what happens!

I really like the one in the top pic, the next two below it are a bit too angular/clip pointy for my Nessie taste.

Let's keep that nice sine wave shape of the original, like the Mini Muk.

In fact, the top pic and the Mini Muk really compliment each other.

Excellent work on the choil/talon hole/handle.

I'm in!

Rob

No, no, no! You must like the big one and make sheaths for it. PLEASE!!!
Well... in fact I'm Nessmuk addict, so I'll surely get both, no worry :cool:

And thanks :D

BTW, for the small one I'd make a horizontal one, something like that:

kdxgrayness02ct8.jpg

kdxgrayness03xf1.jpg

and of course with my new stamp at the back of the sheath:

stampbackro4.jpg

They'll be coming. There's too much interest for them NOT to. And then I'd like to geton your list FAST! Though, some nice leather might be nice too.

THAT IS AWESOME!

Just curious, what made you decide to raise the plunge line instead of bringing it to the edge? If it is brought down, it would create a flat, that would make an excellent guard.

Jerry, that handle is perfect for a bushcraft style knife as well.....about 4'' blade, no choil, spear point and dare I say...... scandi grind :eek:.

I only have one scandi ground knife and, while I can see its merits for having a slightly lower inclusive edge angle and perhaps greater ease of sharpening on a flat stone, I think there's too much metal removed when sharpening to make it really worthwhile.

Would'nt that depend if the MiniMuk was in 1/8th or 3/16th, as far as coming with a Scandi grind? INFI can handle the touching up of the blades edge much more than traditional laminated steels of the scandi grind varieties imho. Scandi grinds are clean slicers in thinner steels, so if the MiniMuk came in a 1/8th thickness a Scandi grind should be workable, if not please explain, thank you.

I notcied a thread over at, jungletraining.com forum under 'Ontario Knives' forum section, titled 'Rat5 Seems about right', posted by BOING on 10/07/07. Specifically post #34 by KING on the Bravo1. I think that this type discussion is pertinent to the blade thickness of this type of knife design, at least in the MimiMuk. For one field repairable/removable scales would be nice set on with screws or bolts or however that is done on some factory designs IME. Second, blade thickness kept to a minimum will allow the blade to be a good slicer/cutter vs a chopper edge. The MiniMuk could have a Scandi edge in .140, and the larger INFIMuk could have a convex edge in .170-190 for a suggestion. That would make a nice set of user Muks that would be the best of all worlds out where it counts IME.

From a users' prespective that's what i would be looking for in these new designs. What are some other thicknesses that folks think would work as well as the ones I mention? Having a thinFI edge is what I've been waiting for for a long time to field carry. In camp and generally outdoors I need a camp kitchen knife, INFIMuk, and a good small tasker in a thin and somewhat flexible blade to do the detail work that Bushcraft sometimes demands of a small and medium sized blade.

Here it is HOGs. . . . The "HOG Muk" featuring the new DCH handle . . . :eek: . . .:thumbup:. . .:D

This proto is very close to the final production piece. . .

HOGMuk.jpg

HOGMuk4.jpg

Here's one with a Black G-10 Handle making it easier to see the "Flying V" handle pattern. . . :eek:

I hope these show next, Swweeetttt!!!!!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:
Looks to be an excellent companion knife.;)

rbmcmjr, your Puzzle Heart is gorgeous...my god! Of the two Muks, I prefer the Hog Muk's handle over the Mini Muk....unless the sloped or drooped end of the handle has a function or purpose. Just a newbies $.02 cents!

Now, that is my kind of knife! I really love it and I really like the new handle too!!!

Last edited:
Back