Hogue Ritter RSK

Recently sold off most of my collection, but kept my Pm2 s30v, Manix lw Maxamet, CS Lawman Xhp, and Hogue Ritter SW. I will forever miss my rex45 PM2, but it is what it is.

THE SW RSK is my favorite knife hands down. Love it. It truely is a better Griptilian, no disrespect to the Griptilian which is also a great knife. I'd put the RSK more on par with M4 Superfreek considering materials. I purchased the black blade RSK as well last week. Another awesome specimen. I can see myself collecting each version of this knife, just like I had been doing with the PM2 variants, assuming Hogue makes more. A mini, change the color g10, change the steel, etc. take my money.

The only thing I don't like is the clip. In my hand it's an immediate hot spot. Very bad sensation...but it's easy to replace.

Yes! Immediate hotspot. I replaced the clip on a Hogue Ritter with a black Benchmade split arrow and it works great with no hotspots at all. Hate that it doesn't deep carry anymore. I tried the benchmade deep carry clip but that too caused a bit of a hotspot for me.

I assume MXG gear Benchmade deep carry clip will fit? I agree with the above posters regarding the clip.

On a side note, I am also thinking about selling off my PM2 collection.

I’ve had mine for months now. The blade shape and grind are perfect for my type of work. I’m not hard on a knife but I use it daily and sharpen weekly.

I did send it in to Hogue because the lock bar was crooked when the blade was open. Hogue was very easy to deal with and they sent my knife back repaired and fast.

In the past I never really considered Hogue until the Ritter blade hit my radar. Now that I have experienced Hogue’s quality and customer service, I’ll buy more Hogue knives.

CPM-20CV?

https://www.knifeworks.com/rskmk1g2.html
exlrsk.jpg

I'm hoping that soon aftermarket scales will be available for it. I'm sick of G-10, especially BLACK G-10.

Now if they came out in a tan or green, I'd buy one. I might buy one anyway.

sharp_edge sharp_edge

If you decide to sell your pm2's, let me know. I want a sprint, but a used one.

I've bought the stonewash a few months ago. At the time I didn't think I would like the knife as much. It seemed boring, utilitarian, and like the BM Ritters wasn't very appealing to the eye. However after I forced myself to carry and use it, I've fallen in love with this knife an it has been the one I've carried almost daily. I got the black version today, and the action on it is even better than my stonewash. It also appears to be a more consistently black G10 scales compared to my stonewash version, which tends to lighten up quickly even after oiling them. My only beef is that the thumbstuds aren't black which makes it look kinda funny. I did find a set of black thumbstuds that look pretty close to the OEM design. We'll know in a few days if they work on my second Hogue.
medium800.jpg

medium800.jpg

medium800.jpg

medium800.jpg

medium800.jpg
I imagine Hogue didn’t choose black thumbstuds to match the steel backspacers and jimping. I agree with you though, black thumbstuds would have looked better IMHO.

Well I got black thumbstuds for the black Ritter. They match the originals very well and fit perfectly. I think the knife looks much better now. I may blacken the stainless jimping in the future whenever I get bored. Also some different coloured backspacers would rock. I'm thinking red.
medium800.jpg

medium800.jpg

medium800.jpg

medium800.jpg

Well I got black thumbstuds for the black Ritter. They match the originals very well and fit perfectly. I think the knife looks much better now. I may blacken the stainless jimping in the future whenever I get bored. Also some different coloured backspacers would rock. I'm thinking red.
medium800.jpg

medium800.jpg

medium800.jpg

medium800.jpg
Where did you get the Black thumbstud from?

Back