1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them.

3. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Sheepdog & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday August 10!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Hogue X5 Wharncliffe 4' Model 34541

Discussion in 'Trade: Knives & Tools' started by Zacboy7, Aug 6, 2019.

1. Zacboy7

Zacboy7 Basic Member Basic Member

Mar 9, 2018
    New condition, box has some shelf wear and the Hogue sticker is gone. Looking to trade, will consider offers, ideal would be the hogue X5 in the spearpoint 4 inch stonewash. Folders no smaller blade than 3.5 inches, prefer 3.75 inch, possible Benchmade 950 or Benchmade 940, used is alright, but equal or greater value.

Attached Files:

2. SPOOKYSHOGUN

SPOOKYSHOGUN

Feb 11, 2003
    I have a LNIB Kizer Megatherium if you're interested (Ti Frame Lock / Black Stonewash version).

3. Zacboy7

Mar 9, 2018
    I may be interested. Is it right hand? I think this model has to be ordered right or left hand, I may be mistaken.

4. SPOOKYSHOGUN

SPOOKYSHOGUN

Feb 11, 2003
    It is indeed right hand.

5. Zacboy7

Mar 9, 2018
    Now I am very interested!
    Any signs of use?
    Can you post a photo?

6. Zacboy7

Mar 9, 2018
    I think if you can post a couple photos that I will wish to do it!

7. SPOOKYSHOGUN

SPOOKYSHOGUN

Feb 11, 2003
    It has not been used at all. There is a place on the lock side of the blade where the black stone wash finish was done lighter, but it was like that from the factory. The only time I did anything at all with it was when I reviewed it on YouTube. If you want to watch my review you can see the actual knife in motion. Here's a link to the video:

Last edited: Aug 14, 2019
  8. SPOOKYSHOGUN

SPOOKYSHOGUN

Feb 11, 2003
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. Zacboy7

Mar 9, 2018
    One last question, can this knife have a lanyard attached to it?
    And how does the trade work?

10. SPOOKYSHOGUN

SPOOKYSHOGUN

Feb 11, 2003
    Yes, it can. The lanyard goes around the standoff at the very tail end of the handle. By design, the blade is completely clear of that area when the knife is closed. I don't do lanyards myself, but here's a link to an external listing with some pictures where someone used this feature: https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/kizer-4502a2-megatherium-blackwash-1924727897
    As far as the trade process, usually it's requested that new / 0 feedback members ship first but I saw you on Ebay with 100% seller feedback, so I'd be willing to ship at the same time with you. We could exchange addresses for the trade via email or phone text message, whatever you'd like. I always ship USPS Priority with tracking/confirmation.

11. Zacboy7

Mar 9, 2018
    I watched a review from Luv Them Knives on this same knife, his had the same discolor on the same place, so it must be part of the heat treat, maybe where the tongs hold it.
    Anyway, lets do it! I am game if you are. I can also show you my Ebay name/store so you can know I am a straight shooter(old saying, because I am..old).

12. Zacboy7

Mar 9, 2018
    Cool!
    How about e-mail, I can have it out tomorrow morning!
    [email protected]
    Shoot me a note with your shipping info, I also do Priority Mail for the high dollar items, Priority Mail Flat Rate Padded envelope is my favorite, I usually triple bag them for more padding.

13. SPOOKYSHOGUN

SPOOKYSHOGUN

Feb 11, 2003
    Cool! Sounds good. I just sent you an email with my shipping information

14. Zacboy7

Mar 9, 2018
    Awesome! I am sure you saw my Ebay listing on it with detailed photos, so I pulled the listing. I am in Arizona so it will be a fast ship

15. Zacboy7

Mar 9, 2018
    Also, I hope you will find the time to do a YouTube overview on the Hogue also.