Holy BK20 Bundok Beckerman!

I've wanted a BK4 pretty bad for a few years now but wanted to finish up a few other projects first. This sealed the deal since I've also wanted a chopper like this BK20 and now that it has a BK4 thrown in I placed an order on 4/12 and should have them in hand any day now. Very thrilled at this excellent deal. The BK5 I'll have to have in hand before I make any judgments :)

Last edited:
Placed my order yesterday; Christmas shopping in April.... I will gift two, keep one.

Money is so tight at my house right now. Have a baby on the way, it's our anniversary in a week and a half and Mother's Day the week after that. Hope there are a few left in July...

Money is so tight at my house right now. Have a baby on the way, it's our anniversary in a week and a half and Mother's Day the week after that. Hope there are a few left in July...

Tell your wife what you want for a combo anniversary / Father's Day / Birthday; it don't hurt to ask!

Most likely there will be....we Beckerheads are a pretty loyal lot - but there aren't really that many of us. Hopefully for you there will be. Congratz on the impending birth of your child and your anniversary. That's more important stuff, anyway, IMO.

Bill Siegle

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
I resisted long enough! Caved in today and a new BK20 has been ordered! Still hoping it's not a single production run blade but I would hate myself if it was and I missed out. Can hardly wait till it is here!

The Warrior

Insane Viking
I resisted long enough! Caved in today and a new BK20 has been ordered! Still hoping it's not a single production run blade but I would hate myself if it was and I missed out. Can hardly wait till it is here!

I hear that. Mine's supposed to be in tomorrow. We'll see.

Envious of you guys. I hope a few are left in a month and who knows, might just be able to swing it.

Beckerhead #360

tanglediver

Gold Member
This is cool and all, but where is my BK-16 scandi and my 9 inch BK 2?
Jeremy
A 9" BK-2? Em, ... :confused:

It says hylon handle what is that? Is it grivorys other name?
It's the smooth part that you hold on to with your hand. |~~/------>

limited run sucks.
It's a product of age, my runs are very limited these days.

Inbound crovan detected on long-range dopler radar passing Hodgkins, IL.

hhmoore

Gold Member
I sort of accidentally ordered 2 more today...
I guess there was already one in the cart - probably from when I was thinking about ordering one for a friend on Friday - and I didn't notice until I saw the total on the email confirmation. Oops.
I responded to the confirmation email, requesting that the second one be cancelled; but it could get shipped before the email is seen. Worse things could happen, I guess. I'm going to try to call tomorrow morning; but I'll be surprised if I actually get to do it. (I'm teaching a work related course for the next few days; so I'll be pretty preoccupied.)

Bladite

ǝɹnsıǝן ɟo uɐɯǝןʇuǝb
why do limited runs suck?

it's a great way to introduce a new knife at a decent price point...

but it's okay, given the last few folx buying, they're probably sold out anyway :D

trailbum

Gold Member
I wish Kabar would do more limited runs.
A bk2 in 3/16.
A 7 inch drop point.
I agree it's a great way to see how a knife design is accepted.
Everyone was so excited about the bk4 and now it's already being dropped from production.
The bk5 had the same fate.
Bring on limited runs.
I would love to see one a year.

Holy crap, it's awesome. Got the package today. I pointed the edge at a 1" sapling from 10' away and it fell down. BK20 is the Chuck Norris of knives.
More seriously - I bought this to replace a Tops Power Eagle I used to own. It has all the authority of that blade, but better balance, slightly more compact, more easily used as a knife. Also, easier to mod. Enjoy yours, lads.

BTW - For people worried about the grind on the back: the spine is still quite thick (1/8 to 5/32"). Would probably damage your baton less then a 90 deg. spine at full thickness. I'm going to take mine down further to reduce weight. Full thickness near the grip, so you can still make a nice square section for your fero rods, etc. There's plenty of steel to file away to make the blade just the way you want it.