Holy BK20 Bundok Beckerman!

Called and spoke to Kristi and my BK 20 is on the way... So excited to get my hands on this one. Only $20 for the shipping for the total package... :thumbup:

You have to call in to KA-BAR. As you all can imagine our site is often attacked from places outside the US and as such our filters and controls have been tighten recently. If you call 800-282-0130 you should be able to order over the phone. Our customer service is closed between 12pm - 1pm each day for lunch so take that into account.

Hard to believe they're only doing an unnumbered run of 450 for what will prove to be a hyper-popular design. Wonder what Kabar's contingency plan is for the demand that is sure to erupt, after advertising 'Limited Edition'. (I vote they give original buyers an additional BK20 for free - then I could find a way to forgive them for making it a standard model)

Hard to believe they're only doing an unnumbered run of 450 for what will prove to be a hyper-popular design. Wonder what Kabar's contingency plan is for the demand that is sure to erupt, after advertising 'Limited Edition'. (I vote they give original buyers an additional BK20 for free - then I could find a way to forgive them for making it a standard model)

I agree that if this becomes a standard model, something should be done for those who bought it when it was a "limited edition" knife. The fact that it is limited edition has pushed many people to buy it before they are ready to.. I doubt that anything will be done though seeing that everything in todays world revolves around profit... They may even make one that is very similar, and claim that it is not the same knife. It would be a pleasant suprise if a big buisiness like Kabar chose to honor the early buyers though! I think though that since this is advertised as limited edition, the right thing to do would be either keep it that way or reward those of us that bought it early.:thumbup:

I hope they make a standard model, would like to have one but don't need the other knives packaged with it since I already have them and at a $200 price tag it is a little high for just wanting the bowie only.

Making it a standard model would leave me a bit upset. The fact that someone from Ka-Bar has said that there are 450 and that is it makes me feel like the likelihood is slim on it returning - I trust them.

Making it a standard model would leave me a bit upset. The fact that someone from Ka-Bar has said that there are 450 and that is it makes me feel like the likelihood is slim on it returning - I trust them.

I hope that you are right!!

I trust them too .

Dubz is quiet...must be working on that BK20 Sig silhouette!

Hahahaaaaaaa! Noooooope. :D

Had an inkling too, but was working on something else.

Just made my orderย… there better only be 450. This is a real dick move to force (thats right I whipped out the bold font) the bk4 and bk5 inventory out on all the becker fans. I probably would have bought two bk20s for 200.

Not to thread jack, but is anyone else having trouble getting into your KA-BAR account. I can log in, but can't access my account to see my orders. Just wondering if the BK20 and cousins have shipped.

Please guys.... Personally I want them to make several million more...... I understand what you are saying but, if this is it then the royalty flow stops..... Lol..... It only makes sense for Ka-Bar to make smallish runs with designs that are unproven..... BTW..... The Twenty should have an MSRP of damn close to $200 bucks....Soooo...... You really are getting the 4&5 for damn close to free......

Ethan

This is cool and all, but where is my BK-16 scandi and my 9 inch BK 2?

Jeremy

Please guys.... Personally I want them to make several million more...... I understand what you are saying but, if this is it then the royalty flow stops..... Lol..... It only makes sense for Ka-Bar to make smallish runs with designs that are unproven..... BTW..... The Twenty should have an MSRP of damn close to $200 bucks....Soooo...... You really are getting the 4&5 for damn close to free......

Ethan

With all due respect sir, if they are doing a trial run shouldnt they call it just that instead of a limited edition? If they called it a trial run of 450 and planned on the possibility of making it a normal production knife it would let people know that after this is tested, there would probably be more. I agree that this knife seems worthy enough to have millions made, but if Ka bar is planning on doing that if this succeeds, then it is my humble opinion that they should have called it a trial instead of a limited edition so that customers were not misled... The kabar user on bladeforums posted earlier in this thread that there will be only 450 and afterwards they will be gone. Who knows though.. All of this is just speculation and whats done is done.. Thank you sir for your continued output of amazing blades and i hope that stating my opinion on this subject did not step on any toes!

Last edited:
Back