Holy Grails.

I finally found one and was wondering about others Holy Grail finds. This is my most recent find, been looking for several years but condition/price have thwarted me until now, although it wasn't cheap by any means.
SPB01PRB: Spyderfly Rainbow Butterfly
Spyderco®
Rainbow Version of the SpyderFly Butterfly Knife. This is now a Knife Center exclusive!
IMG_5355.jpg IMG_5359.jpg IMG_5360.jpg

Nice 1 mate.
I don't know if it's a grail but for me of spydercos I always wanted a matriarch or harpy. I know it's nothing exclusive. Getting the matriarch earlier this year was a highlight for me.
vqNXgC.jpg

Holy grails are kind of different for us, because there isn't one be-all end-all holy grail, there is just the next holy grail.
Anyway I have recently gotten mine, and there were 2 of them- K390 PM2 and Rex45 Manix2 LW. So for now I'm covered, no holy grail in sight, but I know that eventually there will be one and I look forward to something new that will top what I already have.

I guess the closest for me is my first Sprint Run, the Spyderhawk. I probably will never get myself to carry it, and will probably end up selling it sooner or later, but I'm glad I got my hands on one.

I finally found one and was wondering about others Holy Grail finds. This is my most recent find, been looking for several years but condition/price have thwarted me until now, although it wasn't cheap by any means.
SPB01PRB: Spyderfly Rainbow Butterfly
Spyderco®
Rainbow Version of the SpyderFly Butterfly Knife. This is now a Knife Center exclusive!

Congrats!

I'm not a fan of the rainbow effect but I do like my plain version of the Spyderfly.

I've got a lot of older vintage Spydercos (and other hard to find knives) but I don't think of any of them as "holy grails."

Of course, there are others that I'd still like to buy, like the Szabofly and Smallfly, which I still see for sale from time to time but haven't been in the condition or offered for the price that I've been willing to pay.

The hunt continues. ;)

Last edited:
I've caught and released a Spyderfly and Spyderench.
I don't know what I was thinking but I want both again. o_O

The new bali that is coming from Spyderco looks pretty sweet and functional too. If I was able to purchase one I'd grab one for sure. Also, I have my eyes open for a fluted carbon fiber Native 5 to go with my Ti version.

Congrats!

I'm not a fan of the rainbow effect but I do like my plain version of the Spyderfly.

I've got a lot of older vintage Spydercos (and other hard to find knives) but I don't think of any of them as "holy grails."

Of course, there are others that I'd still like to buy, like the Szabofly and Smallfly, which I still see for sale from time to time but haven't been in the condition or offered for the price that I've been willing to pay.

The hunt continues. ;)
It is another step to completing the collection. I still need a Szabofly and the latest one(waiting on Spyderco/Blade Hdq). They want a fortune for the Szabofly so not sure if it will happen, but I will keep looking.

Holy grails are kind of different for us, because there isn't one be-all end-all holy grail, there is just the next holy grail.
Anyway I have recently gotten mine, and there were 2 of them- K390 PM2 and Rex45 Manix2 LW. So for now I'm covered, no holy grail in sight, but I know that eventually there will be one and I look forward to something new that will top what I already have.
That is the curse, always another one.....or two......or......

Always wanted a CQI Advocate and was able to pick one up early this year. The other grail knife I always wanted was simply a Spyderco Military. It’s been a tough year for me and thousands of others but I was able to buy myself a Military for Christmas after recovering from COVID. Love ‘em both!

Back