Hot Off The Bench!

Discussion in 'Darrel Ralph (DDR) Custom Knives & DRT Tactical' started by harkamus, Nov 3, 2011.

1. harkamus

harkamus

Apr 23, 2007
    Elmax.

Why? Just because. That's why!
    [​IMG]

2. harkamus

harkamus

Apr 23, 2007
    M390 Dagger core with Chad Nichols SS Damascus on the outside, Moku-ti 3D carve handles.

Assisted.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. TheBleedingEdge

TheBleedingEdge

Apr 14, 2010
    A Madd Maxx is definitely on my buy-list.

4. neuron

neuron Moderator Moderator

Apr 18, 2010
    Same here. Well, actually it already was on my to-buy list, but instead of a LSCF inlay, I'm going to get that awesome Traxion™ (;)) machining pattern on the handle.

5. TheBleedingEdge

TheBleedingEdge

Apr 14, 2010
    That's the spirit! :D

What blade length do you want on your Madd Maxx? I'm gonna get me a 4-incher!

6. neuron

Apr 18, 2010
    I'm torn between the MM 4 and the MM 5.5. I find the larger handle of the 5.5 more comfortable in the hand, but the 4 is a more practical size for everyday carry/use. (It's also less likely than the 5.5 to send people diving for cover when you open it... )

7. TheBleedingEdge

TheBleedingEdge

Apr 14, 2010
    Awesome. What about handle and blade materials? Texturing? Design and artistry? Gimme all the sordid details!

8. neuron

Apr 18, 2010
    Heh...I honestly haven't decided yet. I know I want MokuTi with Traxion™ texturing on the handles (no inlay), but I'm still working out the other details (blade shape, steel, which of Chad's MokuTi patterns to get, etc.).

9. neuron

Apr 18, 2010
    Update: I talked to Darrel last night, and we worked out most of the details of the knife. But I'm going to keep them to myself for now so as not to ruin the surprise... :D

10. harkamus

harkamus

Apr 23, 2007
    Perhaps it's time I talk to him too since I haven't heard of any of my details in...well forever. lol

11. neuron

Apr 18, 2010
    Well, in Darrel's defense, I'm sure it's very difficult and time-consuming to fashion a knife handle entirely out of rhinestones...

12. harkamus

harkamus

Apr 23, 2007
    How did I not see that one coming? lol

13. crimsonfalcon07

crimsonfalcon07

Dec 27, 2010
    I'm gonna laugh if Darrel 'accidentally' includes a rhinestone in your design somewhere... :D That would be kinda sad though.

14. harkamus

harkamus

Apr 23, 2007
    The only place that would be remotely acceptable is on the thumbstud (as long as it's not pink).

15. neuron

Apr 18, 2010
    Hahahaha! If Darrel wasn't already thinking about doing that, I bet he is now... :D

16. TheBleedingEdge

TheBleedingEdge

Apr 14, 2010
    Dirk said it himself. Never say never where Darrel is involved.

Personally, my special inlay customization would be a G.I. Joe themed inlay. Maybe a whole GI Joe head as the pivot. That would be rad.

I'd call it the Gun Hammerhead.

17. Fullmonte

Fullmonte

Apr 3, 2012
    I love that handle. Everything about it!

18. lucasg

lucasg Basic Member Basic Member

Apr 22, 2009
    Can't wait to see the finished product.

19. harkamus

harkamus

Apr 23, 2007
    Madd Maxx 4 Inch OMEGA, Chad Nichols stainless steel damascus frame, M390 core with san mai Chad Nichols blade, assisted open, fire colored hardware, complete custom build. D-2 Dagger blade shape.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and a pair of balis:
    [​IMG]

20. harkamus

harkamus

Apr 23, 2007
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]