How about a CPM M4 Endura?

Jeff O

Basic Member
I really like my M4 military which got me thinking... how about an M4 Endura? Red FRN maybe?

Laminated M4 would be sweet and would be a great comparison to HAP40.

Unfortunately the Seki knives use Japanese Steel (VG-10, Hitachi ZDP & HAP40). I read somewhere that HAP40 is Hitachi’s answer to CPM-M4. It would be sweet to get CPM-M4 on an Endura and a SuperBlue Paramilitary2 :thumbsup::D

Well cpm S30V is USA made isn’t I‎t? They are making Delica 4’s with that steel so certainly they can come up with a M4 Endura and delica. We shall see

I know the Endura comes primarily in Japanese steel but I know it can be done. I have one in HAP40 and I missed the bus on the super blue but now I want one in M4. M390 would be OK too.

Laminated M4 would be sweet and would be a great comparison to HAP40.

Unfortunately the Seki knives use Japanese Steel (VG-10, Hitachi ZDP & HAP40). I read somewhere that HAP40 is Hitachi’s answer to CPM-M4. It would be sweet to get CPM-M4 on an Endura and a SuperBlue Paramilitary2 :thumbsup::D

I don't know; I'm all over the map on this one. Simple answer is YES I love M4 and LOVE LOVE the endure 4.
As far as the HAP40 I was meh from the beginning. I admit to being stupid on the subject (some prejudice and some laziness on my part)
but I look at the Ankerson tests and the HAP40 is way down the list in just the Endura alone; ZDP-189 which I have is up the list from HAP (not as far as I would expect) and the M4 is above that performance wise.

https://www.bladeforums.com/threads...ed-on-edge-retention-cutting-5-8-rope.793481/

Red ?
I don't know, would have to be "the right red" . . . I sound like a total fop.

I would want the blue the Para 2 M390 came with, black would be fine.

Bottom line, realistically, is I probably won't buy it unless it came with the compression lock (not much chance of that) I am all about the compression lock right now.
PS: only exception I would make at this stage is for a Pattada in K390

Hitachi XVC11 is the same composition as M4. I would be very interested in this happening.

HAP40 is the same composition as M4 but with the addition of a bunch of cobalt. Cobalt does not form carbides and is supposed to be added to aid in hot hardness, something irrelevant to knife blades. That said, I do find my HAP40 blades to behave differently than my M4 blades. I am not sure why.

Just give us the K390
That's an upgrade on M4

And it's used on the police 4 made in Japan.
Let's get some more!

How about even better.
A g10 police junior in k390.

That would be rad

Yup, don't want a fancy g10 mini whatever. Just want an FRN high carbon, non stainless, Endura.

Yup, don't want a fancy g10 mini whatever. Just want an FRN high carbon, non stainless, Endura.
Aw but you see k390 is a carbon tool steel. Just cuts longer then M4.
And the police junior would be about the size of an endura, just with g10

Just Sayin' :D

Sound like an interesting but different knife. Yesterday I tried to cut through an air hose that, unknown to me, had steel braid inside. The vg10 rolled a little but wasn't as damaged as I thought it would be. How would k390 hold up to that?

Back