1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

How about a new chopper from the Swamp

Discussion in 'Swamp Rat Knives' started by Knife_Nazi, Oct 25, 2008.

1. Knife_Nazi

Knife_Nazi

Aug 27, 2005
    Something big, bigger than has ever come out of the Swamps of Wauseon perhaps something that doesn't reside in the swamp but comes from the city like New York City they have some Big Rats they are the size of dogs there.

Something so monstrous that people run in fright when they see it. I'm talking like a 14 to 16 inch blade, you could call it "The New York City Sewer Rat" or a "Ratchete". I want something so big that if I strike an Oak Tree all of the acorns are going to fall to the ground like rain.

Please make it happen Eric.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2008
  2. iamtoast

iamtoast

Jun 18, 2008
    The Nutria...

3. holeymoley

holeymoley

May 20, 2007
    nice :cool:

4. Wicked Sharp

Wicked Sharp Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 20, 2007
    NO, NO..., the NEW-TREE-AH!!!

5. p220c

p220c

Jun 26, 2008
    I saw a real live nutria swim by my back yard a few weeks ago. Those things are suprisingly large.

6. iamtoast

iamtoast

Jun 18, 2008
    Gotta love a rat that can be as big, if not bigger, then many beaver.

7. fishface5

fishface5

Feb 3, 2001
    Ratchete! Ratchete! Ratchete!

16" (18"? 20"?) blade 3/16" thick and 2.5" wide of SR101 or SR77, convex grind, handle w/a bit of drop to it, let the zombie-lopping begin!

>>> RATCHETE <<<<<<

8. suttond

suttond

Oct 4, 2006
    How about anything from Swamp Rat.

9. Carolina River Rat

Carolina River Rat

Oct 29, 2008
    Also surprisingly tasty.

10. mhawg

mhawg

Jan 10, 2003
    I was going to say 'I don't eat rodents,' but I forgot Squirrel Stew and Rice. It's been a while but that's good eatin'!

11. Carolina River Rat

Carolina River Rat

Oct 29, 2008
    Nutria burgers are great. Squirrel is also tasty. Coon hash is good too.

12. mhawg

mhawg

Jan 10, 2003
    Wow! I didn't know we had any 'bayous' in SC!!

13. Carolina River Rat

Carolina River Rat

Oct 29, 2008
    I got kinfolks in New Iberia, LA.

14. mhawg

mhawg

Jan 10, 2003
    That 'splains it!! Both of my step-sons have people in Ville Platte, LA but the only Cajun that shows up in them is 'dat de jus' plumb crazy!'

15. Carolina River Rat

Carolina River Rat

Oct 29, 2008
    Most Cajuns are, and I love em for it. On the topic of bayous, there are parts of the Black, Waccamaw, and Pee Dee rivers that look a lot like Southern Louisiana. On the topic of nutrias, I've heard the we have them here, but I've never seen one. I saw a map of their range once, and it showed them in both NC and GA, but said there was insufficient data for SC, which leads me to believe they're here. I shall keep searching.

16. Coupchoux

Coupchoux

Aug 31, 2004
    A new "Ratchopweiler" hybrid ! An Old Style Ratweiler's blade with a Chopweiler's handle :

[​IMG]

17. VoxHog

VoxHog

Oct 6, 2007
    I would love to see a NMFBM sized Rat!!!

18. norcalblacktail

norcalblacktail

Jan 17, 2008
    Oh man that would be so sweet. I would love to see a BIG SR101 chopper.

19. Rat Finkenstein

Rat Finkenstein Gold Member Gold Member

May 18, 2005
    RATCHETE!!!!

Eric has admitted there was a Prototype, now bring it!

20. Chiller2

Chiller2

Nov 30, 2006
    I live in the Pee Dee region and while our swamps will never rival Cajun country we do have them I live on the edge of a small one myself. and as the other poster mentioned parts of the Pee Dee river and especially the Little Pee Dee river could make a Cajun homesick.