How about a new chopper from the Swamp

Say Heah, I just got my RatWeiler and it's Simply TiT's, Beautiful. I teamed up my RatManDu with the Rodent 9 and the Rodent Solution..For my Summer Long Knife, I got one of the best in my opinion my Rodent Rucki. I can Chop, Baton and still use it as a knife when I need one to either finish the job or just that with the choil I can. I also have a Rodent 7 that I paired with my Rodent 4, my go to combo on extended trios, I do carry a thinner neck knife that's thinner to work wood with and a Mora 510 is a good one all though I have others. But since I just got my RatWeiler, I rearranged some of my pairs, I use to team my Rodent 9 with my RatManDu, but now I plan to team it with the RatManDu and my Rodent Solution since the Seahorse Style Handle match better. and My Rodent 9 with the Lightning Bolt Style Handle I decided to team it with my Rodent 5 and the Rodent 3, I don't carry ever set at the same time, but I pick and chose as needed. In the Summer for the thick stuff, I think I have a good team, my Modde Rodent 6 which I had thinned down and the top gaurd taken off and now it look's like a beefy RatMabDu on steriods. The Rucki is a good Chopper and I can Baton with it and to finish a job because of the choil I can use it as a temporary knife. The two are very promising together. But again I can still pick and choose from what I think is a good stable of Swampies. Yeah, The RatWeiler seems like it is a formatable chopper, built I'm so use to my Rodent 7 and the Lightning Bolt Style Handle I need to get use to the RatWeiler handle.

We have some nutria in Northern Alabama.

And Coon is in the canine family if I remember correctly

+1 on the big swamp offering ideas

Paul'ie

You do know the forum has some rules about "necro threads", I think 7.5years counts as dead an buried. Please, for the love of all things good. ;) just start a new thread !!!

I've never seen Paul'ie post in a recent thread. I'm not likely to believe that he isn't searching for the old threads - it happens to consistently for it to be coincidence.

As long as I'm here, though, I could go for something new from the Swamp...and I hope they will soon give us the option of maroon canvas micarta.

They would be really fun posts if they were started in a new thread. I'm sure that would generate a lot more responses and we could have some discussion. You know, "My R4/R7 combo blows your RS/RW combo out of the water" -type stuff :D

But with the site rules on necro threads, nobody is going to reply, which is a shame really. Paul'ie we can tell you're excited about your knives. We are, too, just start it up in a new thread, throw in a couple paragraph breaks, and we'll jump all over it.

I can't speak for the taste of nutria or coon myself (never had em)
but squirrel is pretty tasty;
and I have eaten gator here in FL :thumbup:

And yeah you need some paragraph breaks for sure.

Last edited:
Back