1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 21 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Kizer Megatherium!

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Knives Megatherium, Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, May 25; winners will be drawn on Sunday @5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

How about a new chopper from the Swamp

Discussion in 'Swamp Rat Knives' started by Knife_Nazi, Oct 25, 2008.

1. fishface5

fishface5 Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 3, 2001
  2. paul'ie

paul'ie

Jun 6, 2012
    Say Heah, I just got my RatWeiler and it's Simply TiT's, Beautiful. I teamed up my RatManDu with the Rodent 9 and the Rodent Solution..For my Summer Long Knife, I got one of the best in my opinion my Rodent Rucki. I can Chop, Baton and still use it as a knife when I need one to either finish the job or just that with the choil I can. I also have a Rodent 7 that I paired with my Rodent 4, my go to combo on extended trios, I do carry a thinner neck knife that's thinner to work wood with and a Mora 510 is a good one all though I have others. But since I just got my RatWeiler, I rearranged some of my pairs, I use to team my Rodent 9 with my RatManDu, but now I plan to team it with the RatManDu and my Rodent Solution since the Seahorse Style Handle match better. and My Rodent 9 with the Lightning Bolt Style Handle I decided to team it with my Rodent 5 and the Rodent 3, I don't carry ever set at the same time, but I pick and chose as needed. In the Summer for the thick stuff, I think I have a good team, my Modde Rodent 6 which I had thinned down and the top gaurd taken off and now it look's like a beefy RatMabDu on steriods. The Rucki is a good Chopper and I can Baton with it and to finish a job because of the choil I can use it as a temporary knife. The two are very promising together. But again I can still pick and choose from what I think is a good stable of Swampies. Yeah, The RatWeiler seems like it is a formatable chopper, built I'm so use to my Rodent 7 and the Lightning Bolt Style Handle I need to get use to the RatWeiler handle.

3. littlehoot

littlehoot Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 7, 2015
    We have some nutria in Northern Alabama.

And Coon is in the canine family if I remember correctly

+1 on the big swamp offering ideas

4. Andy the Aussie

Andy the Aussie Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jan 29, 2010
    Paul'ie

You do know the forum has some rules about "necro threads", I think 7.5years counts as dead an buried. Please, for the love of all things good. ;) just start a new thread !!!

5. hhmoore

hhmoore Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 7, 2014
    I've never seen Paul'ie post in a recent thread. I'm not likely to believe that he isn't searching for the old threads - it happens to consistently for it to be coincidence.

As long as I'm here, though, I could go for something new from the Swamp...and I hope they will soon give us the option of maroon canvas micarta.

6. elof_alv

elof_alv Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 13, 2009
    There also should be some rules on BLOCK posts here...

7. Hard Knocks

Hard Knocks Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 1, 2012
    They would be really fun posts if they were started in a new thread. I'm sure that would generate a lot more responses and we could have some discussion. You know, "My R4/R7 combo blows your RS/RW combo out of the water" -type stuff :D

But with the site rules on necro threads, nobody is going to reply, which is a shame really. Paul'ie we can tell you're excited about your knives. We are, too, just start it up in a new thread, throw in a couple paragraph breaks, and we'll jump all over it.

8. FloridaBlade

FloridaBlade

Mar 10, 2015
    I can't speak for the taste of nutria or coon myself (never had em)
    but squirrel is pretty tasty;
    and I have eaten gator here in FL :thumbup:

And yeah you need some paragraph breaks for sure.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2016