How do I get my hands on a ZT 0392?

I have been wanting this knife ever since it was announced. I probably already missed out on any chance to get one but figured I'd ask. I REALLY want to get one but don't want to pay what they will be going for on the secondary market. Any info is much appreciated.

You & me both. Of all the new ZT releases, this is thee one! I called ZT & spoke with customer service. They recommended signing up for their newsletter (which I did). I inquired, which knife vendor's would be selling this beauty- no luck!

Please let me know, if you learn any new information in the future, & I'll do the same in return, bro. :thumbup:

I would probably look to the dealers that stocked the recently released ZT801 S110V. Oddly enough I didn't receive the newsletter..

austonh, Thanks for posting the cool video! If possible, could you please post a picture of the lockup on the knife. Some Hinderers I have seen have a SUPER early lockup (actually too early for my taste). All the previous ZT / Hinderer collaborations have a more "normal" lockup, and I am curious to see what the 0392 will be like.

austonh, Thanks for posting the cool video! If possible, could you please post a picture of the lockup on the knife. Some Hinderers I have seen have a SUPER early lockup (actually too early for my taste). All the previous ZT / Hinderer collaborations have a more "normal" lockup, and I am curious to see what the 0392 will be like.
Isn't the steel lockbar insert adjustable?

I don't know if the Hinderer have one or not. That is a good question.

BTW, I am not trying to start drama about Hinderer lockup. Just making an observation based on posts / pics I have see of Hinderer knives.

KAI newsletter
I signed up for the newsletter over a week ago but didn't get anything. Dang I REALLY don't want to miss this one.

You & me both. Of all the new ZT releases, this is thee one! I called ZT & spoke with customer service. They recommended signing up for their newsletter (which I did). I inquired, which knife vendor's would be selling this beauty- no luck!

Please let me know, if you learn any new information in the future, & I'll do the same in return, bro. :thumbup:

No problem. Thanks.

I signed up for the newsletter over a week ago but didn't get anything. Dang I REALLY don't want to miss this one.

No problem. Thanks.

I just got the newsletter; it's indeed confirmed to go on sale on the 18th from a select group of dealers.

Yeah me either but I was 2/2. Wish I had a good relationship with a dealer? Cause you know on the 17th ppl that have one are gonna get first dibs. No one really knows what goes on behind the scenes.

Yeah me either but I was 2/2. Wish I had a good relationship with a dealer? Cause you know on the 17th ppl that have one are gonna get first dibs. No one really knows what goes on behind the scenes.

I never followed up, how did the Ruby sale go? Better than the crap show that was the 0454 sale?

I would say worse. They supposedly sold out in a few minutes but really the website crashed? The system got confused. KAI Kershaw never mentioned anything but then 100 more showed up on the website the following wk with no warning. But did release a statement saying they had technical difficulties again.

Some people are receiving emails from ZT saying the 0392 is ready if they want to buy one.

I think those receiving the email were the people who couldn't get the 0454- the system disallowed the purchase for one reason or another even though they were purchasing within the terms set by ZT.

Anyway, it's interesting they're releasing these to select dealers again instead of doing it in house.

I think those receiving the email were the people who couldn't get the 0454- the system disallowed the purchase for one reason or another even though they were purchasing within the terms set by ZT.

They even went as far as charging my credit card and had the money for nearly a week before finally reversing it. On the plus side, I got a hat and $50 off anything I wanted out of it, plus an early spot in line for the 0392, which I just got an email about. But it was still a crap show.

just got the newsletter with announcement. List of dealers will be announced on 2/17. While the online direct sales weren't perfect, they were better than the dealer method (in my opinion). I was able to get a ruby and a 454, whereas before I had to scramble to find a reasonable prices 801cf on the secondary market. No matter what they do some people wont get their hands on one, and this thread will get filled with complaints. ZT really cant win....they make an amazing knife, but someone is always gonna be butthurt over the process. Personally I hope the dealers handle it better this time....no presales, no favorites....but you know that wont be the case:-(

Sure thing, when I get home this evening.

Back to dealers? Speaking from my experience alone, I do not miss calling, and stalking dealers to maybe get one. Most times, I strike out for one reason or another. The shady reasons like their buddies getting first dibs I def do not miss. Im tired. Ill give a few that I trust like Kershawguy an email if he gets some, get a reply that Im too late and move on with an expected acceptance of defeat.

The KAI direct releases were a breeze. Much simpler than the BS. Thats just my experience and mine alone. Superfans dont flame me please.

I too liked the direct sale better. Nearly every dealer that's get most of the LE's is on the west coast. Us in the mid west dont have much chances for alot of LE's. I called every dealer on the list for the orginal 888 and some didn't even have good phone numbers, or websites to try and contact them. But I did score and 888maxmet because I called. The wait times after the preorder was so long, credit cards expired and phone numbers changed.

Back