How do you carry all your stuff?

Joined
Feb 13, 2001
Messages
750
I want to hear about all the different ways you carry your stuff. I think most of us carry a one handed opening EDC that takes a front pocket location plus you've keys and wallets sometimes flashlights and a cell phone, your multi-tool of coarse.

Where do you squeeze all this stuff in on your person? Do you hang thing off of yourself, use sheaths, maybe everything is just in a lump at the bottom of you pocket or you wear cargos and everything has it's own pocket.

I've got a calypso Jr., a i530 Cell phone, a Arc4 flash light, a front pocket wallet, a pen, a leatherman CS4, and good deal of keys (for work mostly). I can't seem to figure out how to fit it all in my Levis 550's pockets. I'm trying not to look like BATMAN here(with a bat belt)... :rolleyes:

So where do you put it all and in what?
 
Joined
Sep 25, 2002
Messages
3,179
Knife in each pocket, keys/LEDs on a carabiner, wallet/chain in back pocket, smokes/lighter & gum in leg pockets. That's about it.

Frank
 
Joined
Feb 3, 2001
Messages
32,224
Everything in my pockets, or clipped to my pockets, except my Leatherman, that's on my belt, oh yea a Spyderco Mini Police necklace. I probably carry an extra 5 lbs of extra junk in my pockets, no wonder my pants keep fallin' down :eek: .

Oh yea the other place that gets a lot of toys is the keyring, little knives, led lites, pens, I even have a little pouch with Cosmic Wimpout(a dice game)on my keyring.
 
Joined
Oct 2, 2004
Messages
16,789
Sak and #7 Opinel in right front pocket with a folded up bandana, key ring and bic lighter in left front pocket, Eagle creek wallet in left back, and my tobbacco pouch and a second rolled up bandana in left back. A photon 2 and vic classic is on my key ring. My edc sak is either a soldier or tinker.

In the eagle creek wallet is a flat diamond hone, some saftey pins, and spare battery for photon light.

In watch pocket is a Christy knife.

It all fits in the Wranglers from Walmart.
 
Joined
Oct 17, 2004
Messages
24
hanky, ballpoint pen, and mech pen and sak on right side. (sak has a chain) keys and coin purse on left (keys have chain). wallet on back pocket. mobile phone on a belt holster

even though i have a case for my sak, i dont place it on my belt. i find it too bulky specially with my phone on my belt too... (i don't wanna look like batman in a utility belt :) )
 
Joined
May 23, 2003
Messages
5,952
Pockets. Nothing except my cell phone on my belt. I look kinda suspicious with stuff bulging from my pockets
 

Cougar Allen

Buccaneer (ret.)
Joined
Oct 9, 1998
Messages
72,064
Moving to Gadgets & Gear ... quite a bit has been posted already, too; use the search function. :cool:
orig.jpg
 
Joined
Feb 13, 2001
Messages
750
I did use the search function...I challege you to find another thread like this! :grumpy:
 

Cougar Allen

Buccaneer (ret.)
Joined
Oct 9, 1998
Messages
72,064
What search terms did you try? Searching the Gadgets & Gear forum for threads with "carry" in the title alone gives 51 threads. Search terms like "waist pack" "fanny pack" "manpurse" "backpack" "messenger bag" "sling bag" "shoulder bag" "bug out bag" give you plenty of reading. Here's one you probably wouldn't guess -- try "maxpedition." You might also be interested in threads about "cargo pants" and "cargo shorts" "vests" "pockets" "pouch" etc.
 
Joined
Feb 13, 2001
Messages
750
Showing results 1 to 25 of 247
Search took 1.30 seconds. Search: Key Word(s): sheath ; Forum: Blade Discussion Forum


Hmm why weren't all of these threads moved too??? I think someones got an itchy trigger finger!

By the way did you find any threads with the answer to MY question yet??
(I don't want a purse I want to see how others are fitting this stuff into their jeans)

Didn't think so! :grumpy:


BTW: when I search for "Carry" I just get booted back to the advanced seach page!
 
Joined
Jun 27, 2004
Messages
468
How much stuff do you carry?? I feel like I've got a ton, but it's nicely organized for the most part.

RF is BM910, Inova X5T, Car key with knife attached. LF is biner with keys, LM Micra, LED keychain, etc. RR is wallet, LR is Dorcy AAA LED and hankie. Celly is on the belt because I don't wanna scratch it all up, and I keep a pouch with rubber gloves, CPR mask, spare LED, spare knife and thumb drive right behind that. I don't feel too much like Batman. .
 
Joined
May 5, 2004
Messages
1,055
Knife11 said:
I want to hear about all the different ways you carry your stuff. I think most of us carry a one handed opening EDC that takes a front pocket location plus you've keys and wallets sometimes flashlights and a cell phone, your multi-tool of coarse.

Where do you squeeze all this stuff in on your person? Do you hang thing off of yourself, use sheaths, maybe everything is just in a lump at the bottom of you pocket or you wear cargos and everything has it's own pocket.

I've got a calypso Jr., a i530 Cell phone, a Arc4 flash light, a front pocket wallet, a pen, a leatherman CS4, and good deal of keys (for work mostly). I can't seem to figure out how to fit it all in my Levis 550's pockets. I'm trying not to look like BATMAN here(with a bat belt)... :rolleyes:

So where do you put it all and in what?

I'm sure this has been done before, but:

Left front Pocket:Keys, small SAK (minichamp2), arc AAA, USB key.

RFP:Albuterol, coin purse, handkercheif

Watch pocket: Small stockman/ or small gent folder

Left Rear pocket: Wallet

RRP: Small notebook.

Belt Right side at 3:00, sheath for SAK Cybertool 41 _or_ Horizontal Sheath for SOG PowerLock

Belt Right Side: 2:00. Horizontal sheath for LG4400 cell phone. (Phone and sheath go on my desk at work...)

RRP is also used for a compact folding umbrella if needed.
_____________________________
My suggestion is LM CS4 on a belt sheath.

The problem is your rear jean pockets are not being used.. due to the front pocket wallet. You may need FP wallet though, so ... I don't think the arc or the phone could go in back...

I also have a Maxpedition M2 belt pouch, which will hold the Powerlock AND the Cybertool AND the phone and notebook OR wallet, but having it all in one place makes a large bump. I think it's better to spread things around as much as possible.

You may have to go the BATMAN route.. I cannot see getting all that in the pockets alone...
 
Joined
Aug 31, 1999
Messages
728
I was normally able to pocket carry everthing until three completely unrelated things happened:

1. Middle age crept in, and reading glasses are also now part of my EDC.

2. Work became more demanding, and the need of a handheld device (Palm ZIRE) became a reality of EDC.

3. 9/11. After that, I decided that I had to be prepared at least to the point of making it home alive. Basic survival, and I mean BASIC became something that I was previously oblivious to. I'm not talking about a multitude of high dollar folders and a .45. I'm talking about keeping my sorry butt alive.

I carry just a little bit more than the basics in a Mountainsmith Tour bag (OK, it's a man purse........you wanna make something of it? :D )
 

Cougar Allen

Buccaneer (ret.)
Joined
Oct 9, 1998
Messages
72,064
Knife11 said:
Showing results 1 to 25 of 247
Search took 1.30 seconds. Search: Key Word(s): sheath ; Forum: Blade Discussion Forum

Hmm why weren't all of these threads moved too???

That would be because threads about knife sheaths belong in that forum....

Knife11 said:
By the way did you find any threads with the answer to MY question yet??
(I don't want a purse I want to see how others are fitting this stuff into their jeans)

I've seen quite a number of answers to how others are carrying their gear, and no doubt more will come out in this thread (it's a topic of perpetual interest). Which one you'll settle on is another question....


Knife11 said:
BTW: when I search for "Carry" I just get booted back to the advanced seach page!

That would be because you didn't limit it to searching thread titles. If you search for such a common word without limiting it you'll overload the poor widdle silicon beastie....
 
Joined
Sep 20, 2000
Messages
1,539
ACMarina said:
How much stuff do you carry?? I feel like I've got a ton, but it's nicely organized for the most part....Inova X5T...

Can you tell me how and where you carry your Inova X5T? I've got one, too, but the only place it seems happy is in my coat pocket. I don't have a belt sheath/holster for it, yet.
 
Joined
Sep 20, 2000
Messages
1,539
farmboy said:
I was normally able to pocket carry everthing until three completely unrelated things happened:

1. Middle age crept in, and reading glasses are also now part of my EDC.

Dontcha hate that? I can fake myself into believing I'm still 19 most of the time. Then I try to read something and reality comes crashing in, because I gotta use my damned bifocals.

farmboy said:
3. 9/11. After that, I decided that I had to be prepared at least to the point of making it home alive. Basic survival, and I mean BASIC became something that I was previously oblivious to....I'm talking about keeping my sorry butt alive.

I carry just a little bit more than the basics in a Mountainsmith Tour bag (OK, it's a man purse...

I agree. I'm not talking about long-term survival. I'm talking about getting home, possibly walking home through the aftermath of a disaster, but making it home alive. I'll have to take a look at the Mountainsmith Tour bag.

By the way, if anyone calls my shoulder bag a purse, I reply it can't possibly be a purse, because it doesn't match my shoes! :D
 
Joined
Dec 13, 1999
Messages
3,006
Knife11 said:
(I don't want a purse I want to see how others are fitting this stuff into their jeans)

It ain't a purse it's a man-bag. And how I fit my stuff in my jeans is none of yer nevermind... :p

Knife11 said:
Didn't think so! :grumpy:

Ease up off the Coug dude. If you've been here since '01 you should know better than that. ;)
 
Top