HOW DO YOU CARRY YOUR

I usually carry my folding knife using the clip in my back right pocket. Find the most comfortable place and easy access.
Interested in how others carry their folding knives.

If I carry a modern knife with a clip, it goes like you in the back right pocket except when I'm sitting in my pickup/car.

Of late, I carry my little SAK Small Tinker in my watch pocket if I have jeans on. I find it does just about everything that I normally need to do and I have larger knives available to me that need not be used a lot.

Usually tip up right front pocket for me

larger folder can be tip down right back pocket

I start to train with tip up left rear pocket for wave openers....IMO that’s a very good drill for self defense

Multi-blade traditional knives (plural) in the bottom of my right front pocket. (I usually have two or three on me every day)
Buck 110 and/or two blade slipjoint folding hunter on my belt.

No pocket clips for me! I just drop the knife into my front right pocket. If it is a traditional slipjoint then It goes into a leather slip sheath that my Wife made for me. If it is a g-10 handled modern folder then it is just dropped into my pocket.

I have a very real dislike of pocket clips so I remove them from my user knives.

"Modern" folder clipped in rfp, traditional loose in lfp, fixed blade usually at hip.

1st one in the chamber. 2nd A right pocket tip up carry of the day and a GEC slip joint in the left with the keys. Delica, Sebenza, XM-18, Para 2, Bench 970, Recently the Spyderco Siren.

knives w/ clips go in back left pocket slip joints usually in front pocket right or left more often right side as my phone is slimmer than my wallet, and it ain't money that is making my wallet fat, fixed blade I only have 1 with a sheath but it goes where I draw from the left and rides horizontally on the back.

Front right pocket. The clip is nice to keep it one direction and not having to bury my hand in the pocket to get at it. Usually the only thing in that pocket avoids hassle.

Loose in my pocket, in a belt sheath , or in a pocket organizer.
Don't use anything that comes with a pocket clip.

Typically I carry my primary folder tip up in my right front pocket, a small Dragonfly in the outside corner of my left rear pocket (goes virtually unnoticed), and a traditional folder in a leather slip/organizer that goes in my left front pocket. Occasionally I will carry a clipped folder instead in my left pocket, in which case I flip the clip around so the blade is secure against the back of the pocket. I do wear pants that have dedicated small "knife pockets", but instead I use those as a secure place to carry my flashlight and Swisstool.

I've been carrying 5.5" Cold Steel XL knives as of late, just because its fun. One will ride very easily in the front pocket, or a spare vertical pocket on a pair of 5.11 Taclite Pro pants.

5AADOKn.jpg

Old school Cold Steel Vaquero Grande. Yeah baby.

Back