HOW DO YOU CARRY YOUR

Into or clipped to RF pocket, and second goes on my belt in a sheath.

Tired of ruining pockets, so this year I've been experimenting with this. Snipped the stitching on the bottom of the watch pocket which I rarely use. That's a large CRK Inkosi with a Lynch deep carry clip. Done it to several different pants and so far so good. The watch pocket will shred eventually just like any other pocket but it's less visible and easier for my wife to repair.
KpWCuF5l.jpg

Depends. Modern folder clipped to right pocket. Usually a smaller more traditional knife in my pocket (either). If I carry a fixed blade I prefer to carry it iwb.

The little SAK sits in my pocket along with my chapstick. The Benchmades are clipped to the opposite pocket with the older style deep carry clips (I only carry one but have three to choose from - mostly, it's the Bugout 535-2).

Tired of ruining pockets, so this year I've been experimenting with this. Snipped the stitching on the bottom of the watch pocket which I rarely use. That's a large CRK Inkosi with a Lynch deep carry clip. Done it to several different pants and so far so good. The watch pocket will shred eventually just like any other pocket but it's less visible and easier for my wife to repair.
KpWCuF5l.jpg

Not a terrible idea, but looks like a pita to get out.

Modern folder in front right pocket tip up. Keys and phone in left front pocket. AIWB right handed carry for my little friend.

I have a Military in a bandana in my right back always, and a modern clipped or a traditional in a slip in the RFP. I did just get a horizontal belt sheath for my buck 110 so will be wearing that from time to time.

I don't use my back pockets, for anything, ever. Modern right front pocket clipped tip up, unless OTF.

Not a terrible idea, but looks like a pita to get out.

It depends on several factors: weight of fabric, fit of pants (better on closer fitting pants), width and weight of knife, etc.. When everything is right it's very easy to draw the knife...actually VERY EASY. Just like with a knife clipped to the standard RFP, it can be a pain if the fabric is too loose, too light weight or if a particular knife has a huge flipper tab (eg Spyderco Advocate). It's working out well for the type of pants I generally wear and knives I like to carry but I'm learning as I go, so YMMV.

Edit to add that on one of my loose fitting pants with a wider than usual watch pocket, my larger knives like the XM-18 tends to sag a little, and drawing the knife is a little less neat.

Last edited:
Front right pocket main folder, sak, flashlight, pry and bullet pen in left pocket on a caddy organizer

Usually my Vic Tourist in the right front pocket, and a locking folder or a multi-tool in a belt pouch, usually at the 4 o'clock position.

Front right pocket for knife friendly areas. Appendix IWB for sheeple zones. AIWB is amazing; done right, even something like the Voyager XL can disappear. It’s not as comfortable as pocket carry though.

Sometimes I also throw in a compact fixed blade in the pocket like an ESEE Izula. I dig the Izula so much I’d probably give one to my firstborn when he or she turns seven, eight-ish.

I usually carry my folding knife using the clip in my back right pocket. Find the most comfortable place and easy access.
Interested in how others carry their folding knives.

Ooh! I thought I was the only one. Back right pocket for years now. Unless my firearm is there then I go back left.

I switched to a front pocket wallet after getting pickpocketed and found my back pockets free. Once the smartphone took up permanent residence in the other front pocket I really didn't have much choice but to move the knife around back. Works perfectly.

Knives with clips normally go in the right back pocket.
Traditional knives go in the right front pocket.

Dropped down in RFP. That's my dedicated knife pocket these past 65 years. Only a knife goes in there. Sometimes I'll carry a second folder or a FB in a pocket sheath. Those go in my right side cargo pocket.

Buck 110 in sheath, on the belt, right side, pivot down, with blade face rear. This makes for easy one handed opening. A couple of slip joints loose it right front pocket, A small slip joint loose in watch pocket. Swiss Champ loose in left front pocket.

O.B.

Main folder goes in front right pocket and smaller secondary knife goes in the coin pocket. If I'm carrying two large knives one will ride iwb.

Loose in left front pocket. Occasionally will also carry a trapper or Buck 110 or similar knife in a belt sheath on my right hip.

Back