1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them.

3. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ka-Bar Becker BK5 Magnum Camp , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday July 27!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  4. Week 29 drawing for the BladeForums.com 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways live stream going on from 5-6PM eastern!!
    Tune in to our YouTube Channel, http://www.youtube.com/TheRealBladeforums, we'll be drawing winners for BladeForums.com merchandise & the grand prize:
    a Ron Flaherty Folder , along with BladeForums branded gear!

Additional prize(s) will be awarded to people in the livestream chat, so watch for your chance to win bonus prize(s)

How do you mail an anvil?

Discussion in 'FEEDBACK: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly!' started by Wolfjohn, Dec 12, 2011.

1. Wolfjohn

Wolfjohn Gold Member Gold Member

May 16, 2002
    Seriously...I have a 29 pound bench top anvil I need to send to Iowa from Washington. Do I really need to "box" this thing up? I figure I could tape a good address label on it and send it....I doubt it would get "bent up or dented" in route. What do you guys think? Anyone mailed one of these things before?
    :confused:
    Thanks,
    WJ

2. Tim616

Tim616

Sep 13, 2011
    Well they mail vehicles... So this should be a cake walk :p

3. gooeytek

gooeytek

Jul 12, 2011
    strap it onto a small pallet/board, cover in shipping wrap?

4. Mahoney

Mahoney

Mar 8, 2006
    If it will fit in a priority mail flat rate box, that might be the least expensive shipping option. A box for your anvil would protect other boxes from the pointy bits of your anvil, if you are not worried about that, a box is probably not necessary

5. Esav Benyamin

Esav Benyamin MidniteSuperMod

Apr 6, 2000
    Why would you post this question in General Knife Discussion?
    Moving to FEEDBACK, where the rest of our mailing questions are found.

6. Wolfjohn

Wolfjohn Gold Member Gold Member

May 16, 2002
    Soooooorry man!..geez.......

7. cj65

cj65 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 30, 2008
    Check with Greyhound bus company. They sometimes ship items and the reciever can pick up at the bus terminal. Crate it up, and ship it cheap.

8. RevDevil

RevDevil Super Evil Supermod Staff Member Super Mod

Nov 9, 2009
    This is a good idea, a friend once mailed the heads of an old Chevy 350 motor using GH. The price was much less than FedEx or UPS.

9. IamMatt

IamMatt

Mar 20, 2002
    Call companies that sell anvils and ask what shipping methods they use. No need to reinvent the wheel.

10. Bufford

Bufford Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 13, 2006
    Just tape it up good with shipping labels and send it courrier. This year I had to replace the grate in my wood furnace and it had to come from the Vermont area south of the boarder and the thing was heavy made of cast. Shipping costs were reasonable I cant quite remember but somewhere between $40 to $50

11. TwinStick

TwinStick

Jan 21, 2011
    LOL :D In an------anvilope of course !!! LOL :D

Sorry, i thought it was funny. :D

12. dericdesmond

dericdesmond Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 10, 2007
    I wish I had an anvil to mail, thats fricken metal.