1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  3. Week 37 drawing for the BladeForums.com 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways live stream going on from 5-6PM eastern!!
    Tune in to our YouTube Channel, http://www.youtube.com/TheRealBladeforums, we'll be drawing winners for BladeForums.com merchandise & the grand prize:
    a Sabol Brothers Kiridashi , along with BladeForums branded gear!

Additional prize(s) will be awarded to people in the livestream chat, so watch for your chance to win bonus prize(s)

Recommendation? How do you store your knife collection?

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by lerner, Jul 19, 2019.

1. Legendary_Jarl

Legendary_Jarl

Feb 8, 2010
    Some I have inside "books":
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Some I have in a display case:
    [​IMG]
    Some in shadow boxes:
    [​IMG]

And the rest in a pelican case:

[​IMG]

RoachBelly44, Natlek, lerner and 2 others like this.
  2. hiwa

hiwa

Jun 7, 2009
    I have an industrial size dessicant container in it that I keep "charged" up. It's rated for about 10 times the volume.
    All blades not to be used for a while are oiled as well. Never had a problem with this metal box or others , but that said , humidity is usually not too high here.
    This is about my 5th move up in container size , and my last...I think.

3. eisman

eisman Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 9, 2009
    I like map chests like this one:

[​IMG]

4. eisman

eisman Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 9, 2009
    You can find these Jewelry cabinets for less than $50 around here. They work good too.

[​IMG]

5. golden_dragon

golden_dragon Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 14, 2016
    I am selling my knife pouch collection so here I have all the knives together in one single box.
    [​IMG]

lerner likes this.
  6. Apalachicola

Apalachicola

Jun 24, 2019
    Carhartt tool roll holds my nice ones. Others are where they are needed- kitchen, car, garage etc. There are usually two or three on my nightstand as well - whatever I’ve been carrying recently.

lerner likes this.
  7. Addicted_to_Knives

Addicted_to_Knives

Nov 29, 2018
    I have my long-term storage knives oiled Tuf Glide and not in the sheaths or leather or even in the boxes. I have them wrapped in newspapers with desiccant packets in a very large wooden wardrobe/shelf before I construct an aquarium style all glass wall/shelf to house my 40+ knives... Do not store knives in foam or plastic or zip bags.

lerner likes this.
  8. miso2

miso2 Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 19, 2014
    I've got this case for storing glasses.
    Well size is just perfect for folders.
    I should have gotten a bigger one though.

IMG_1511-1.jpg

RoachBelly44 and Llasi like this.
  9. colin.p

colin.p

Feb 4, 2017
    I bought these knife rolls at "The big river" site a couple years ago for $7 each. Quality is decent and a few good reviews (a few bad ones too) but I have had no issues with them. And I get to have all my nice knives in M-Tech rolls:p
    [​IMG]

10. abbazaba

abbazaba Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 30, 2015
    orangejoe35 and Llasi like this.
  11. Llasi

Llasi Basic Member Basic Member

Mar 1, 2013
    [QUOTE = "abbazaba, post: 19201025, member: 438098"] I post this every time it comes up, but I really think they are damn near perfect for the use. Hard to beat the price and you can fit 12-15 per unit. Stackable, comes with drawer liners, easy to throw in the safe... Funny, I don't even own many of these knives anymore!

[​IMG]
    https://www.amazon.com/Generic-Acry..._rd_t=40701&psc=1&refRID=3ZGE085KGKEBX91S2FX9
    [/ QUOTE]
    True, really practical..
    [​IMG]

abbazaba likes this.
  12. RoachBelly44

RoachBelly44 Basic Member Basic Member

Sep 18, 2018
    I use a Husky rolling cabinet for more modern, or EDC stuff, and fixed blades.
    I think it cost $69?
    I usually display "traditionals" around the man cave.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]