How Many Busse Combat Knives do you own?

I just started collecting Busses this year, but so far: 13 Busses, 1 Rat and one SYKCO pending (Dog Soldier).

Once my grab bags get here, who knows...

I feel so bad for you guys with great collections that had all your stuff on PB. Hopefully you can reclaim them somehow.

I certainly won't be going back and recreating 11 years worth of posts with pics.

They really should have let legacy hosting go on, and charge for moving forward. What they did is borderline extortion.

I certainly won't be going back and recreating 11 years worth of posts with pics.

They really should have let legacy hosting go on, and charge for moving forward. What they did is borderline extortion.
Same boat as you...all mine are gone too. Still irritates me the way PB handled it. That's why I scrubbed the Gallery...it can be built back up...but old threads...oof. It's ugly, don't look...

Same boat as you...all mine are gone too. Still irritates me the way PB handled it. That's why I scrubbed the Gallery...it can be built back up...but old threads...oof. It's ugly, don't look...

By the way....Thanx Jaxx for saving the ones you were able to move to the new thread...You Da-Man Brother!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Awe man... that means all the Porkerson Stinks signs are gone too.

I only have 3 Busse Combat knives, all from O2W: a Steel Heart Ergo 2, a BGAK47, and an Urban Grudge LE. I'd had some others; but I threw them into the trough because we just didn't click. I could easily see me down to just the Urban Grudge - it's the only one I've handled that speaks to me.
Im not a totally lost cause, though; as I do have 5(?) from the Yard, and probably 2 dozen from the Swamp.

*edited to add
Forgot all about the (BG)BB13, as I haven't even unwrapped the blade, yet. I'm not sure what to think about that one - a bunch of them have hit the Exchange, and the prices are just getting lower and lower. Why do people want them gone so badly?

Last edited:
*edited to add
Forgot all about the (BG)BB13, as I haven't even unwrapped the blade, yet. I'm not sure what to think about that one - a bunch of them have hit the Exchange, and the prices are just getting lower and lower. Why do people want them gone so badly?

Its a pretty unique blade, a really big long chopper, and there's other blades that cover its bases. Turns out anything bigger than 1311 is overkill for most purposes. Im still holding on to mine though.

*edited to add

It's a mystery to me too. There was some discussion about whether the forward weight on the CG would be an issue when they were offered, but no one really knew without trying them. Then Busse pre-emptively addressed it anyway by surface grinding them down to ~.22, removing the majority of pits in the process, which was a huge bonus imo. Seems like most the ones being sold have never been used...

Once I started using mine I found I had no concerns at all about the handling. It's an awesome blade if you have work that calls for it. I gave mine a fugly, performance-driven regrind and it's absolutely savage. :thumbsup:

I don't even know how many I have right now, just that they are under the triple digits and more than I can count on my hands.

As for the BB13's, I truly believe they are pulling a sleeper move on folks, just like the 1311's did when they first came out. I've sold a lot of 1311's and have one left to go before I even consider selling off a BB13cg. People get all caught up on looks, which is fine, yet it sometimes gets in the way of their inner search for maximum performance where it really counts. Kind of like with dating, if you're always searching just for a visual 10, (ie, that airbrushed satin G-rexed stabilized unicorncob pinecone sandwich with ivory dinosaur teeth that looks great in tight pants), you might be disappointed with the inner reality that you can never play with her...:eek: which with dating could later cost you half your stuff. :confused::oops: While not the most impressive looking, Res-c on Wauseon steel is where the rubber truly meets the road in the real knife world...:thumbsup: unless it is sailing over it via full speed lawnmower propulsion.o_O

I don't even know how many I have right now, just that they are under the triple digits and more than I can count on my hands.

unless it is sailing over it via full speed lawnmower propulsion.o_O
I wonder what would have happened to micarta?

4 busses: 2 HG55s, 1 3.5" steak knife, Ruck Force One
1 Scrapyard: scrapmax 460

Others have come and gone and there are still some I'd like to add to my collection. I don't have a huge collection but I'm loyal, I won't buy anything but busse or busse kin and they are all I own in the fixed blade category other than two old schrades that were my grandpas.

Back