How many Busse knives are made?

All I know is that when I tried to order half a million FBM LEs, the Company Store could not fill my order:

Last October my Battlesaw order was #8xxx. My Huck order was #22xxx. That doesn't even account for someone buying multiple knives in a single order...

These are total guesses on my part and I do not claim to have any knowledge of Jerry's operations: Approximately 14,000 orders in 6 months means about 2,300 orders per month or about 575 orders per week, and some people order multiple knives in an order. Some blades also sell out faster than others, so I'm sure quantities vary with each release. Based on them skipping Knob Creek, I would guess that operation 2 weeks has made them busier than they've ever been. I think it's incredible that they've been introducing a new blade each week, taking hundreds of orders each week, maintaining outstanding quality control, and delivering them in a reasonable timeframe. I'm surprised it doesn't take longer than 3 or 4 months to get one. I'm also not surprised that we are seeing a lot less satin, BIG finish, and meltdown treatment with the quantity of blades they are pumping out. Cheers to Jerry, Garth, Lexi, Pokey, and the whole crew for running an excellent operation and building a fanatic customer base.

Maybe I missed it ... where do you get the 14,000 orders number from?

I'm guessing order numbers. They seem to have started from #1 last year. I had order #1,5XX on April 15, 2015, and six months later on October 15, 2015, had Order #8,9XX, six months after that, on April 13, 2016, it was up to #21,9XX. Based on my order numbers, I'd put it at a bit over 13,000 in six months while O2W is underway, which is pretty close to kcwater's estimate. It also seems to be a huge bump in the number of orders from pre-O2W days.

Back