How many of you have just one or two knives?

A year ago I had almost a dozen knives and was very proud of my growing collection. I acquired some rare knives and was constantly trading and buying new ones. Now a year later and I'm down to just a one or two, after selling yet another one this morning that I absolutely adored. I loved that knife. But I had no choice. Times are very tough and I needed the money more than my collection.

I'm trying to not be so bummed out. I still have a TSF Beast in m390 that is my daily carry and had the most sentimental value to me. I've always admired guys that carried one knife for 20 years. Those beaten and tested knives with the battle wounds and stories to go along with them inspire me.

How many of you only have one knife you have carried for years and do not rotate between dozens of choices everyday? Have any of you been forced to sell off your collections, or never even wanted to own more than one or two knives.

You probably have a better chance of finding Bigfoot than a person with only one or two knives on this site. Unless it is a person who is new or something like that.

I am not down to 1 or 2 but I did drastically reduce the size of my collection as well as reducing my spending limit. I simply refuse to buy full customs and I puke a little everytime i see the word mid-tech :barf: See. I told you. Too much money being asked for way too little effort. Id say at my peak I had about a hundred different high end productions and when collecting customs it was only about 20-30 knives at any one time just due to cost factors. These days I am around 15 knives the most expensive being just under $400. But even that one will probably be a catch and release. I wouldnt stress too much. Everyone bounces back and I really believe things happen for a reason. And as long as you have a good knife that means something to you in your pocket you are a lot more well to do than millions of others on this planet so at least there is that.

Depends on how you look at it.

I've been carrying the same folder for 4 years now. I'm going to carry that same folder until it's broken or I lose it. On a rare occasion, I'll carry another of the folders that I have, but in a lot of ways that's why I buy knives. I buy them for when I lose the one I carry the most, or in another point of view, so that I'm never without a knife I like.....being that I carry knives I like and sell ones I don't. Also gives me the opportunity to only buy when I find a good deal rather than being at the mercy of the market.

Also not every knife works for every problem. Owning a wide variety of options provides .... options.

I am trying to get down to 5. If I want a different knife I will force myself to sell the category knife out if the five.

Big fixed
Small fixed
Necker (Very small)
Gentlemans folder
"Standard" EDC folder

Good luck to you man, may you be able to aquire more again in the near future!

Hank_162 is right on. I only have 2 EDC blades, 3 if you count a Leatherman and 1 fixed blade, and I joint the forum about a week ago! For me, I'd rather have fewer, more versatile blades. I typically invest ridiculous amounts of research into any purchase I make to prevent myself from winding up with a blade that I may not be satisfied with once I get it.

I carried my BM 551 D2 Griptillian for about 3 years before I got my 810 Contego a year ago. I've carried my Leatherman Wave on and off for nearly 10 years. I know that if I had a dozen or so knives, I couldn't decide which to carry! Keeping my inventory small cuts (no pun intended) down on the stress!

Crow

On me? Yes I only have two. Overall? No.

It sucks to have to sell off stuff for financial need. Hopefully if you want to get more again it will be possible in the future.

I drastically cut back on my collection this year because of schooling expenses (and currently am still sizing down because balisongs haha). I'm content to carry my Cru-Wear Military everyday. Before I rotated around, wanted a thousand different knives but have just kind of stopped wanting that.

Here lately I have been carrying small fixed blades, like 2-3 inches, and maybe a smaller SAfor tools, but I have too many and have contemplated reducing down some to get some extra cash. I am going back to a lot of my older knives to play and handle them to just satisfy my lust for more knives, and I like the idea of using what I already have to experiment with sharpening, EDC carry options, different steel comparisons, etc. I am just trying to explore new ways to do things. I hope your money situation improves too. Reducing my collection could be a good idea, leave it to less than 50.......will not happen.😃 To answer the question, one on me all the time.

I am down to 4 discontinued kershaw knives (Safe queens),
1 ZT 200 knife (backup),
1 ZT 550 knife (daily carry for the last 3 years),
1 custom knife made for me,
1 custom knife I fell in love with and will probably keep forever,
and 1 Himalayan imports knife (trail work knife).

Used to have about 20-50 knives. Downsized it all and redirected money to living expenses.

I still have dreams of having a Busse CGFBM and a Sebenza knife. Some day....

Currently down to just one - an Emerson CQC-9 - as I'm saving up to make a very special purchase down the line.

A year ago I had around 40 folders. I'm down to 11.

Too many at one time causes me stress. I limit myself to three at one time. A nice folder, a traditional and a small pocket fixed blade.

I've only got one "good" knife, my Manix 2 (although technically I've bought it twice... I lost my Stag sprint version. :(), but I do have a number of less expensive knives.

You mean in general or on my person?

'Cuz I carry 3 on my person.....

:D

Moose

Back