How many of you left the lanyard on?

I received my new Sebenza this afternoon. WOW!
You can go over to the "General Discussion" section to read my extremely complementary comments.
smile.gif
However, right now I'd like to ask how many of us left the lanyard on? Mine has been on all afternoon, but it's kind of stiff. If I take it off, I'm not sure I could tie it back as nicely.

Thanks,
Will (Boy!! It's a nice knife!!)

I also recently became a Sebbie owner. I have a large plain, and love it. I can't seem to put the thing down. I left the lanyard on, and have found it to be quite handy. I work in a warehouse, and it comes in handy when drawing it out of the pocket on occasion.

I did get some odd looks/comments today when one of the guys saw my knife for the first time. They are used to having nothing bigger than a box cutter around
rolleyes.gif
Guess I may have to introduce them to the world of fine cutlery if given the chance.

I replaced my nylon lanyard with a piece of black rawhide tied in the same fashion. This looks and feels alot better and it does'nt slip as often as the nylon does, plus, after carrying it around it breaks in better and softens up and is easier to manipulate. here, take a look..............
View

------------------
Ken
-------------------------
firedept_md_wht.gif
"Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties.
----Abraham Lincoln

the fob you are referring to will soften and become more supple with use/carry.....feverdoc

------------------
PUS HAS BIN BERRY BERRY GOOD TO ME

feverdoc

They come off???
wink.gif

I have never removed one; however, I would definitely weaken the paracord before using it as a lanyard. Otherwise, I might find myself hanging from a tree by my tightly noosed wrist, trying to climb back up the lanyard (in my case, vainly trying, I might add). Walt

I took mine off and replaced it with a coloured one. When I sent it in for a thumbstud it came back with a standard one.
frown.gif

Haven't put one back on since...

------------------
Clay Fleischer
clay_fleischer@yahoo.com
AKTI Member A000847

I sometimes use one, sometimes not. It kinda goes with my cleaning times, whether or not I put it back on.
Right now, I have one of "true" black 550 parachute cord. It is really no different in diameter, and seems to be a little tougher, while still retaining a great amount of flexibility. I also find that 550's inner strands are more "well-defined" than that of para-cord.

remster135,
that's a cool idea for the lanyard...is it a cut down shoe lace, or something else? I may need to give it a try!

[This message has been edited by slag (edited 04-12-2001).]

Will, depends on what mode I'm carrying it in, vertical or canted sheath I use the lanyard, horizontal I go without, mainly as it doesn't fit! But I'm not an anti-Lanyard person and like a fob when I can get one on the knife...

G2

------------------
"The Road to Hell is Paved with Good Intentions!"
Take the time to read your Bible Now, don't be left behind...

Bill,
"Like my new Sebenza"??
Well...I guess you could use "like". Love and amazement would be more appropriate though. It's been clipped to my pocket since I got it. Except, of course, all the time I spend staring at it. I am truly in awe. I don't think that feeling will ever go away.
smile.gif
It has been the same with my Glock, Seecamp, and even the Fortis Flieger Automatic 24 hour pilot's watch my wife bought me as a birthday gift in Switzerland. Some things NEVER loose their "newness". (Is that a word?
smile.gif
)

Will

I've carried my large Sebbie both with and without Lanyard -- ended up leaving it on. If I carry the knife down in my pocket without the clip, the lanyard makes it a lot easier to get at without digging to the bottom of the pocket.

Will.223,
You have a Seecamp and a Sebenza?!? They really need one of these little smilie face things to be green with envy!
wink.gif
At least tell me it's not the .32, and I'll be able to sleep at night. I really like those little guns.

Sorry for the OT post.
Paul

[This message has been edited by Cut-Up (edited 04-14-2001).]

Paul,
Sorry, but yes it is the .32ACP and it is a jewel! I walk around wih a Sebenza clipped to the inside of my right front pocket, a Seecamp .32ACP in a Hedley back-pocket holster and a Glock 27 on my hip.
smile.gif
However, there's no money in my wallet.
smile.gif

Will

Tried mine with lanyard on and off, like it better with it on, makes the knife easier to take out of my pocket.

I have tried it both ways also. I like it on. I am trying to find a fancy cord with beads or something to go on my decorated. Any ideas? Anyone want to design and make me one?

------------------
Brian
The first knife was probably used to cut stuff.

As soon as I got my sheath from G2, off went the lanyard and clip. I have a horizontal sheath and a large plain Sebenza and love them both.Thumbs up to CRK and G2.

Tried it on and off, and now keep it on.

Tried one on several other tip-up folders after getting the small Sebenza, and whether I like a lanyard or not seems to be "knife-specific". Works well with some, not so with others. I think CRK did a great job of integrating the lanyard hole and the clip. On most knives, one or both seem like an afterthought.

Back