how much is benchmade gonna raise their pricing?

jbmonkey

I'm going to r/kennyland
Platinum Member
sure this has been covered as i pop in once in a rare while so i missed it? so what is the new map price point gonna be in 2018? hope not much as i feel the prices are already high. sure im mostly alone on feeling that way.

thanks.

Why do you think there will be a price jump?
saw it on a dealers website. no details given though. said buy now before increases for 2018...both spyderco and benchmade. ive seen the spyderco discussion. hadnt seen the benchmade anywhere yet.

If anything hopefully no more than the annual rate of inflation ?
Or else world war three lol.

Why do you think there will be a price jump?

Its on the top of Knifecenter’s website. Im like everyone else, I knew about Spyderco and their MAP change and will buy the ones I want before the 1st. Didn’t plan on Benchmade increasing, if it is true.

I would be surprised to see an increase in prices for this coming year. Anything Is possible, we'll just have to sit back to see what shakes loose in the next couple of weeks.

hopefully benchmade rep can address this as true or false. kinda why i posted here beside all of y'all who are much more in the know than i am on benchmade news.

I just received an email from an online retailer that states that you should get your Benchmade now before prices go up January 1st. I am not sure if this is fact, just stating the information in the advertisement.

Let's put it this way. I treasure what I was able to buy in better times. Now mostly retired, the one or maybe two I would think about for this coming year (If there's anything interesting...) might prevent me If there's a price increase. Good for Benchmade, not so much for the average guy like me.

I just received an email from an online retailer that states that you should get your Benchmade now before prices go up January 1st. I am not sure if this is fact, just stating the information in the advertisement.
Very sad news. They are already really over priced as they stand now.

Called another big dealer in Birmingham and they aren’t sure if there is an increase or not, they asked and are waiting for a response from BM.

@Benchmade needs to respond.

Will their qc raise in equivilence? Somehow I doubt it.
I thought I read somewhere here that they stepped the QC up a bit ?
I've recently bought the 556-1 ,nakamura,and foray and all have been perfect .
In fact my other six benchmades are all good also.

I thought I read somewhere here that they stepped the QC up a bit ?
I've recently bought the 556-1 ,nakamura,and foray and all have been perfect .
In fact my other six benchmades are all good also.

If that is true than I will be delighted when it hear it from enough other people that I can believe it.

I love benchmade and want them to love me enough back to do good qc.

I hope so also,I know now they have their knives dated by barcode to identify dates etc.
I'm sure they've heard a lot lately about some sloppy qc issues .
And I'm sure they will step it up a notch for now anyway lol.

If that is true than I will be delighted when it hear it from enough other people that I can believe it.

I love benchmade and want them to love me enough back to do good qc.
I recently (this Nov) bought a Griptilian 551 and it is perfect. Absolutely nothing wrong with it... blade centred, no visible or rough seams, perfect grind, opens perfectly, etc.

I AM a relative newb to knives, but found this encouraging on one of their entry level knives.

I recently (this Nov) bought a Griptilian 551 and it is perfect. Absolutely nothing wrong with it... blade centred, no visible or rough seams, perfect grind, opens perfectly, etc.

I AM a relative newb to knives, but found this encouraging on one of their entry level knives.

I’m glad to hear it! It seems true that lately I have been hearing less about BM qc issues. Maybe the sun has finally set on that chapter of BM’s history.

As I hear more and more people say their BM came without defect I will believe it more.

Back