How sustainable is CRKT's business model?

I agree an opinion can never be false or "wrong" because it is simply an opinion. Opinions are thus not of any use to establish a fact. A scientific hypothesis can be determined to be false based on testing at which point it becomes invalid or conversely it can be determined to be valid and accepted as a scientific fact. In any event carry on with the thread.
what reason do you have to doubt they are not doing fine?

I think the question of the sustainability will highly depend on the next player to rise in the knife market. One thing is for sure china is the new japan when it comes to high end cutlery. And as more and more chinese factories explore the higher end markets it makes you wonder if like japan, the lesser lower quality factories will be pushed to the side. If a new player to the game emerges lower cost production could shift to a new country. I think one of two things will happen and again its just my weak spidey senses. But i feel crkt will either go even cheaper and stop even naming steels and going full on gerber or they will decide to try and compete with higher end markets. It will be interesting to see how it plays out as china continues to refine its skills.

what reason do you have to doubt they are not doing fine?

You completely misunderstood what I was saying. I expressly did not make a statement about the company's business model because I lack any factual data within which to postulate some conclusion or even a conjecture. I didn't express an opinion because an opinion is just that and doesn't have any value other than to the one holding the opinion.

Last edited:
Back