1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Sheepdog & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday August 10!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Hump Day

Discussion in 'Fiddleback Forge Knives' started by B Griffin, Feb 5, 2014.

1. VANCE

VANCE Allen, I have an axe to grind with you. Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 13, 2006
    there is a stubbymuk in there somewhere

[​IMG]

2. swonut

swonut KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jan 1, 2007
    Phillip-

What's it like working with that handle material? I see it, or something like it, at Woodcraft, but the price scares me away for an experiment. Is there mush difference in the wood and plastic or does the stabilization make it all homogenous?

3. gusbuster

gusbuster Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 30, 2011
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. VANCE

VANCE Allen, I have an axe to grind with you. Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 13, 2006
    this stuff comes from a fella Allen knows. Im not sure how it would compare to the material you are looking at.....with that being said,you don't have to be overly careful to avoid high spots or one area becoming more proud than the other

getting the scratches out of the resin areas....well that is a different story

PITA

5. swonut

swonut KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jan 1, 2007
    Here's the latest on the Kuska-- Taking shape.
    Before:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

After:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Happy New Year!!!!

6. Kletsou

Kletsou

Feb 6, 2013
    Hi,
    Thought I would get this going again
    [​IMG]
    (Shown with the Busse for size comparison)

Last edited: Jan 25, 2016
  7. thurin

thurin Wanderer

Dec 19, 2012
    Hump Day conference call feathersticking:

[​IMG]

8. greatscoot

greatscoot They've Gone to Plaid! Platinum Member

Jul 21, 2012
    Lost my mind this hump day. I was looking for sale previews and the FB Friday thread, wondering why they weren't there.
    Then I remembered (D'OH) it's Wednesday.
    It has been a long week.

[​IMG]

9. VANCE

Mar 13, 2006
    great looking knife no matter what day it is

10. Guhul

Guhul

Oct 30, 2015
    Hey Hump Day...i got one...
    Only recently kinda realized that thick liners are not that common anymore....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. VANCE

Mar 13, 2006
    thats a badass Camp Nessmuk and i'm not a huge fan of oreo

12. Guhul

Guhul

Oct 30, 2015
    Thanks Phil, yeah it is my only oreo and will likely be the only one for a while...but the thick liners combo makes it unique...have not seen any of them months prior i bought it last November nor after...it is a keeper.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2016
  13. TheFactor

TheFactor Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 26, 2015
    [​IMG]

14. _Westy_

_Westy_

Dec 19, 2009
    Hope this one counts since it's kind of like kissing cousin's to Fiddleback. My newly acquired Lil Ness...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. Tekton

Tekton

Mar 8, 2015
    I really like the blue scales on that one

16. NUTRAMAC

NUTRAMAC Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 8, 2014
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Happy Hump Day

17. VANCE

Mar 13, 2006
    Very nice NUTRAMAC!
    you have quite a 'muk collection

18. Scotcha

Scotcha

Oct 25, 2013
    Awesome collection Mac :thumbup:

19. Kirkwood

Kirkwood Platinum Member Platinum Member

Dec 29, 2012
    Nice collection Rob.

It appears you have a desire for good humps!

20. NUTRAMAC

NUTRAMAC Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 8, 2014