• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Hunter with Devin Thomas AEB-L Damascus and Buckeye Burl

Robert Erickson

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Hi all,
I've had this billet profiled and heat treated for a while and I finally got around to finishing it up. It's Devin Thomas's Dot Matrix AEB-L Damascus which is pretty amazing stuff I must say. I'd love to see how he does this pattern. I'm on a little bit of a Buckeye Burl kick lately, I just love the stuff. The bolster is artificial aged Ivory. The liners are white G10 and the pins and pinstripes are natural micarta. The blade has an aggressive distal taper and the grind is full flat down to 0.07" before sharpening. It's thin edge is designed for slicing not chopping.
SPECS:
OAL: 10"
Blade: 4.75" long, 1.5" wide, full flat grind with distal taper, edge down to 0.07"
Steel: 0.125" Devin Thomas AEB-L Dot Matrix Damascus, heat treated by Peter's to RC61
Handle: Stabilized Buckeye Burl, artificial aged Ivory bolsters, white G10 liners, natural micarta pins, pinstripe and spacer.
Sheath: Handmade stacked leather.
$385 Shipped CONUS, international buyers welcome, shipping extra.
Post "I'll take it" here in this thread and then email or PM me for arrangements
Paypal, checks and money orders accepted.
Comments/Questions/Critiques welcome.
Thanks!

fullsizeoutput_497 by Robert Erickson, on Flickr

fullsizeoutput_498 by Robert Erickson, on Flickr

fullsizeoutput_489 by Robert Erickson, on Flickr

fullsizeoutput_488 by Robert Erickson, on Flickr

fullsizeoutput_484 by Robert Erickson, on Flickr

fullsizeoutput_482 by Robert Erickson, on Flickr

fullsizeoutput_481 by Robert Erickson, on Flickr

fullsizeoutput_480 by Robert Erickson, on Flickr

fullsizeoutput_47d by Robert Erickson, on Flickr

Back