Hunting and camping trip

Good luck on your hunt! I keep a Buck 118 and a Buck 103 in my hunting pack, a Buck 307 in my LF pocket, and a Buck 110 on my belt - feel like I'm prepared knifewise for whatever might present itself. Just bought my first Ford truck this past week - a F150 LTX - I'll be learning about it over the next few weeks (it did pull my boat/motor/trailer just fine on Friday). OH

At the camp only 4 of us here now still more to come last year there was 10 people here I do have phone service but takes forever to load a picture View attachment 1208649View attachment 1208650
Nice set up. I tend to go a little lighter. Same idea though. Takes a little thought getting everything on my trusty steed. I call her "Rainmaker"!
.camp rock and roll.jpg
Red can is extra gas, White can is Merlot. Packed with a week of clothes and 3 days of food. I have done coast to coast several times, inluding the trans-Canada and plenty of 5000 mile trips, rarely staying in hotels, maybe one day out of 10. It really has to be bad weather to go to a hotel. (I once ducked into the lobby of a motel, bike and all when I was being chased by a tornado in North Dakota).
camp.jpg
These are great tents. Tent and "living room" combined. Inner tent unclips so you can pack it dry when the outer fly and everything else is wet. You can pull the bike in too. Great idea.

camp.2.jpg
After dinner. Now it's time to sit back and have a glass of wine in front of the fire.....

Last edited:
Looks like fun guys. Some of my best memories are of tent camping.
But I never had equipment as nice as yours back then.

I definitely didn't have the knives I have now either.......usually a carbon Colonial folder and an old camp knife complete with can opener.....I still got it around somewhere.

Be safe. Cheers!

Nice set up. I tend to go a little lighter. Same idea though. Takes a little thought getting everything on my trusty steed. I call her "Rainmaker"!
.View attachment 1209043
Red can is extra gas, White can is Merlot. Packed with a week of clothes and 3 days of food. I have done coast to coast several times, inluding the trans-Canada and plenty of 5000 mile trips, rarely staying in hotels, maybe one day out of 10. It really has to be bad weather to go to a hotel. (I once ducked into the lobby of a motel, bike and all when I was being chased by a tornado in North Dakota).
View attachment 1209044
These are great tents. Tent and "living room" combined. Inner tent unclips so you can pack it dry when the outer fly and everything else is wet. You can pull the bike in too. Great idea.

View attachment 1209045
After dinner. Now it's time to sit back and have a glass of wine in front of the fire.....
Hey, you have a Kermit chair. I love mine.You using a dragonfly and a whisperlite at the same time .cool.

Bought from Kermit himself 25 years ago. I have a second one too. Bought the leg extensions a few years ago. Never a problem.

Awesome! Should be some good eatin' there. Depending on it's diet, of course!

Back