Hunting Knife

I would contact Wayne Hendrix. He has a website. If you cant find It, email me,I have it somewhere. He makes several models using ATS-34 under $100.00 Not bad for a custom. My little D2 Hunters start at $150 with a heavy duty leather sheath.

Buck Vangard or Cold Steel hunter are good.

You don't need any blade over 4" long for anything in N. America.

I have done more deer with a razor sharp 2" folder than anything else and never felt "under-knived".

After struggling with this topic for about 8 years, I've personally decided on the Dozier
Professional Skinner. I know it blows the $100 limit, but I had to say it. If I really was stuck to $100, I'm afraid my pick would be the Browning tool that has the drop point blade, bone saw, and guthook blade. Retails for about $70.00, and would do anything to a whitetail that you desire.

FORGIVE ME!
I know you said fixed blade but,I just could'nt resist mentioning the Spyderco C48GP Clipit folding knife,
I have personally done everything a hunter can possibly be called to do in the field while working on large mammals with this knife.
I have used it on elk and large mule deer, and I am very pleased with the overall performence. I also have several contacts who
have used it on moose and big bears with good reports as well.
I might also ad the C48 is being used very successfully in the field by Alaskan Game Department personnel.

Please check out our website; www.blade-tech.com
We have pictures of the knife in action. And don't hesitate to call if you should have any questions.

Thanks!
Tim Wegner

You might have to pay a little above that, but if I was a hunter I would carry nothing else than <a href = "http://www.angelfire.com/mn/madpoet/"> Madpoet Custom Knives</a> product. mel Sorg does stupendous work and his hunting blades are top notch for using applications.

------------------
My Custom Kydex Sheath pagehttp://www.geocities.com/CollegePark/Lab/1298/knifehome.html
Palmer College of Chiropractic
On Two Wheels

I haven't deer or pig hunted in years, but used to be totally addicted to it, and carried a Buck 110. A Jack-of-all-trades ("BUT") knife.

If I were to get back into it now ? I'd also choose the Dozier Professional Skinner. The small Marbles FieldCraft knives I wouldn't think you could go wrong with - Scary sharp with a great grind right out of the box.
Same with the Cold Steel Master Hunter.

You should also check out some of the smaller standard Ruana models made by Vic Hangas & sons. They should still be pretty affordable for forged handmades. Great knives. I don't have their address but could look it up for you.

CS Master Hunter, or if you want something unique look to Roselli. I have one of his hunter models (erapuukko), 4.5" blade. Held up fine through one entire moose. Doesn't look fancy but it sure cuts well. More a working tool than a piece of art.

A MArbles knife, I think some are under $100, I have one for hunting, but mine was more like $140. Also a Puma whitehunter, the smaller models are under $100.
THANK YOU!!!
-JOE-

1. Fallkniven F-1
2. Livesay Bow Huntin' Buddy
Don't waste time with any others. You can gut and skin game with almost any small pocketknife, for that matter. Go with Fallkniven F-1, you won't be sorry.

Back