i am saddened:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

HermanKnives

Banned
i payed a friendly visit to lynn grififths forums only to find i am banned from there though i have never even posted! i was just wanting to say hi but am not allowed. then i get nasty comments from ptpalpha so iam really confused. last email i got from lynn he wished us to be friends......dont seem very friendly to me.

maybe you all can try posting there and ask why i am banned, hell maybe you are too! http://pub5.ezboard.com/blynngriffithknivesforum

let me know.

Hey Tim, I guess I am in good company since I am BANNED as well.
frown.gif

Rumor has it he doesn't like folks offering creative criticism ---> geez, its nice to live life in a vacuum, huh?!
biggrin.gif

------------------
Ray 'md2020'

ATKI member #A001042

After having many of my posts eradicated from there (I don't even own one of his knives...I was just looking for something new to do) I quit posting, or reading, that forum altogether. I think Lynn has some talent as a knife maker, but he doesn't like criticism of any type, and you are absolutely banned from mentioning other makers of any type on that forum. Even talking about handle materials, for example, that Lynn doesn't offer as an option will get a message erased or warrant one of the moderators to send you an email about why you shouldn't be doing that! Lynn constantly posts "How can we get more traffic on these forums" messages and the obvious answer is to ease up on controlling the content, because there are only so many owners of his knives on the net, but he doesn't get that idea. It's a big-time ego stroke that I have never been able to understand, so I just quit using that forum. It's pretty boring, really. I guess bead blasted ats-34 with your choice of several patterns and five or siz colors of Micarta and G-10 will only keep your interest for so long.

------------------
My Knife & Sheath Pages:
http://www.geocities.com/CollegePark/Lab/1298/frames.html
Palmer College of Chiropractic
Sheath Makers Referral Directory
agocs_s@dd.palmer.edu
Madpoet (Mel Sorg, Jr.) Tribute page:
http://www.geocities.com/CollegePark/Lab/1298/madpoet/main.html

I wouldn't worry about it Tim. What goes around comes around, and we live in a very small world. It is remarkable though for a knifemaker to be unfriendly towards another. There are only a couple I know of who are that way.

------------------
Jerry Hossom
www.hossom.com

It appears that the persona non grata list is growing fast. I just stopped over at that forum & read that Kit Carson is now banned too because Lynn doesn't want anyone to "poison this forum." ROTFLMAO
biggrin.gif

I don't know if Ben E Hana & Stihl have also been banned but the threads started by them, as well as by Kit, have been locked. Anyone willing to bet that they will be gone soon?
rolleyes.gif

------------------
Cheers,

--+Brian+--

He who finishes with the most toys wins.

Lynn makes a nice knife but they aint all that ,He** I am glad to see he makes those kind of knives that way I haven't got someone bugging me to make one ,I will stick to my Folder's and Leave the Tacicky stuff to other's and the only forum's I care to Visit is this one anyway so I guess I am set
huh

------------------
TbarK Custom Knives
http://vip.hpnc.com/~tbark Therefore I erge you brother's in view of God's Mercy to offer your body's as living sacrifices holy and pleasing to God-this is your spiritual act of worship Romans 12-1

918-322-5416 is my phone #. Anyone is welcome to call me. If you call and I am out, leave a message and I will call you back.

Thanks,

Lynn Griffith

I hate this stuff. We are just too small a community for bickering. Tim, why don't you give Lynn a call and settle it. Lynn, why don't you de-ban Tim and make up. We all sometimes say something we could have worded better, and the problem with these forums is that you can't read the inflections that normally modify verbal communications.

Plus, we are knifemakers and not all of us are best at communicating exactly what we mean in writing. Just look at Tom Mayo and me. Hell, there are probably some out there who think we are friends...
smile.gif

------------------
Jerry Hossom
www.hossom.com

Well said Jerry. Funny how in every case I have been involved in when we as collectors, makers, and purveyors are together face to face we have respect for eachother, have a good time and in the majority of cases become friends no matter what our differences and interests are.

For me, those types of interactions and friendships make our world (community) a unique and wonderful place. Call me idealistic if you wish, but over the years the above has held true for me and I am glad that is has.

------------------
"Life is too short to carry an ugly knife." Steve F.

From the time of my first knife show, and since being able to interact with all the folks here. I am constantly amazed at what great people KnifeNuts in general and makers in particular are. Lynn, doesn't make my kind of knife, and Tim I'll never make enough money to afford one of yours. I have no problem with self promotion, but when it's carried to the point that the whole world revolves around you, that's just get's old too fast. So I won't be going to Lynn's any time soon.

"Well, that's enough about about me. Let's talk about you. What do you think of me?"

------------------
"Will work 4 Knives!"
Homepage: http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumList?u=254126

Wow it really got locked up.Tim I guess you really are a prick
wink.gif
And to think I held a grudge against Tim,Kit and Darrel for awhile because I thought that they had been unfair to Lynn.

Phil you rule(IMHO)

troy

maybe you and lynn could get together and do a joint project for cold steel and be friends. and jerry...watch out!!

------------------
http://www.mayoknives.com

[This message has been edited by tom mayo (edited 04-06-2000).]

[This message has been edited by tom mayo (edited 04-06-2000).]

Lynn banned me.I wasn't trying to poison his forum LMAO.I really think you should give a guy a chance to screw up.Did anyone read my post?I guess he thought I screwed up.

Lynn I expected more from you.I jumped up and sent some nasty e-mail to the folks I thought weren't being nice to you awhile back.Now I get banned for expressing a simple censorship concern?I cant believe this.And no Lynn,I'm not going to call you on the phone.I already know everything about this situation I need to know.
troy

Back in the days before the internet, I used to log on to BBSes. (Bulletin Board Systems). They were run by one person in most cases. I happen to be rather vocal with my less popular viepoints, so I got kicked off of more of those than I was allowed to stay on. I would email the sysop that banned me and try to work things out, generally. Or I would just go elsewhere. One thing I would not do is publicly denounce him. These are things that are best left between the individuals involved. Complaining about someone in a public forum when you've been invited to a private discussion seems at best, discourteous. At worst, it's defamation of character, and could be hurting his business. I know that some of you feel slighted, but I don't think this is the way to go about rectifying the situation.

------------------
Oz

Now, what other news did I have? Oh yes, IT'S A GIRL!!!
See her and my latest blades @
http://www.freespeech.org/oz/

Originally posted by Ben E Hana:

Phil you rule(IMHO)

troy

Gee, thanks Troy, my wife agrees, she says,"All men are idiots, and I married their King."

lynn,
get real,pal. you really think i would waste a phone call to you? your last email said you wished to be friends, but i am banned from your forums for wanting to "poison" them? lol i think you need to get your stories straight for once.

you keep wondering how to get more people coming to your forum, HA! look at your forum from the perspective that it is someone elses say Darrel Ralphs forum and tell us all what you think then. lynn, its gonna be a very small world when the only one there is you.

osbourn,
i really think he would just call me an ******* and hang up on me, so no thanks.

Oz when knifemakers use the internet they have to accept a little give and take.They are profiting off the medium on a public forum why shouldn't I be able to ask a simple question without getting banned.Or at least drop me an E-mail to let me know that I am banned.I responded to the locked thread and wrote a new topic explaining my intentions.It was quite eloquent and took some time to write.When I hit the submit button I found out I was banned and all my hard work was lost.Now the guy wants me to call him long distance?On my dime!!
rolleyes.gif

I run my own business and when I deliver my work I would love to have every one of my customers tell me how great my work is and how great I am.Do you think that is what happens.Hell no!People have problems and questions that I have to address on the spot.I do it and improve myself and my work.The customers respect me for increases through this process.And my work improves as a result.It is a time proven business model because it works.Lynn chooses to have a public forum.I didn't drag him kicking and screaming into the public eye.I stand by my assertion that censorship to this degree is wrong.If simply questioning the guy's motivation defames his charachter and hurts his business,to me that says a lot about the state of his character and his business.
troy

[This message has been edited by Ben E Hana (edited 04-06-2000).]

When anyone uses anything they have to accept give and take. I just think that publicly badmouthing him when you've been invited to have a private discussion is in poor taste. He has a private email address, and I think that's where this belongs. What has occurred is nothing that I'm privy to, except with the correspondence that I've seen here. You're obviously angry, and I think you may want to take that into account when you lay hands on the keyboard. I'm neither involved with this situation, nor am I angry about it. All that I've seen is in this thread, and I thought you would like to know, from my viewpoint, it looks rather ugly.
Just my standard unpopular opinion.

------------------
Oz

Now, what other news did I have? Oh yes, IT'S A GIRL!!!
See her and my latest blades @
http://www.freespeech.org/oz/

Oz I'm not really angry.It is more disappointment than anger.And I do respect your opinion.I was invited to take the matter private only after he took the rash action of banning me.You believe that discussing the situation openly looks"ugly".
I believe it pales in comparison to the ugliness of blatant censorship.BTW couldn't someone have e-mailed me and said if you do it again you will be banned.Communication is a two way street.I'm pretty easy to contact.The e-mail in my profile is current.The real kicker is that I like Lynn's work and while he was over-promoting his products on this forum(imo) while he took some flak from others,I rarely if ever saw him get a thread locked up because of it.No one ever banned him either.On top of that I went to bat for him when I thought he was taking too much heat.Dont lock me out because I have an opinion.That is all I'm asking.Plain and simple fairness....
troy
"Don't edit your feelings."-David Vandriesen

[This message has been edited by Ben E Hana (edited 04-06-2000).]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back