I can't decide! PM2 or Delica 4

I want to get a Spyderco to try out and I do not know which one to get. Obviously the Delica 4 is cheaper but the PM2 is more of their flagship knife. Help me decide!

Wow, these are two entirely different animals. The Endura would be closer to the PM2 in size I would think. The Delica4 is my only Spydy for now, it is a dream to carry. I personally would get the PM2 between them because it is so much more versatile. It can do anything you could ask of a folder and still not sag your pants. Not to mention the awesome factor.

I have always loved the PM2; the compression lock is the neatest lock I've ever used...

I'm going to go against the grain here and say try the Delica. I carry one daily and love it. I also have a Para 2 that I have never carried. Its nice knife, but I just don't get all the hoopla. I would get the ZDP 189 or Super Blue edition.

Spyderco QC an customer support is top notch. Pick what you like and try it out. Delica to PM2 is opposite ends of the stick, are you looking for hard use or easy carry edc? Both are excellent knives, but for the money it is hard to beat the delica/endura. IMO VG-10 is easy to sharpen and edge retention for normal daily jobs is more than adequate.

That's not even a fair choice!

Seriously, if possible I'd recommend you go to a knife store and handle both. Get a feel for the difference and I think your choice will be easier, whichever way you go. Both are good knives so you can't go wrong with either. Personally I think the PM2 is in a class above the Delica but YMMV.

There's a reason the pm2 is a highly sought after knife and constantly out of stock. Pm2 without a doubt if you can find one.

Iused to edc the Endura more than any knite in my edc rotation. Now the Pm2 is my most carried knife. I ve gotten some some much more expensive knives that just can t seem to bump it out of my pocket for more than a day or two.

i LOVE my para, but IMHO, Delica is better edc knife. Delicate is lighter, less intimidating, cheaper, and easier to handle. Smaller blade of delica is more useful as edck in my exp. if you already have a decent edck then I'd vote for para camo satin blade.

Why not both? But seriously I would probably go with the PM2. It is just a splendid knife. And if you don't like it you could easily sell or trade it. The delica is one of my favorite knives though. It is light, perfect edc size and VG10 is one of my favorite steels for the edge it takes and the ease of sharpening. You can't go wrong with either knife.

I have both and would recommend that to you as well. If you're only getting one get the PM2.

Both I have room for in my rotation. Since everyone is going to pick the PM2 here, I'll say a few things about the Delica. PM2 is obviously the better knife but the Delica is a very useful tool in its own right. Advantages the Delica has is on finer tasks where a smaller blade gives you more control and it's capable of doing most all of your everyday tasks anyway. It's even lighter too with a smaller footprint in pocket.

I would say delica or endura. The para 2 for me just didnt fit. The delica and endura are like perfected models and the para 2 imho still has some stuff that needs improvement. Plus if you shop around you can get a delica and an endura for the same price as a para 2.

PM2....if you get a nice example (no blade play, centered, and blade falls freely when lock is disengaged), you will fall in love with it. They're great knives. I've had several Delicas (and Enduras) over the past few years, but if you're looking to try out a Spydie and have the funds...go with the PM2. Delicas are easily found and can be picked up down the road if you still so desire.

If you can handle both, then handle both. I went to the store before I owned either with intentions of handling a Delica. Saw a PM2 and decided to handle it too. Long story short, I ended up with more than one PM2 before I got around to finally getting a Delica. They're 2 totally different things in terms of feel in hand and use.

The Delica is awesome but half the price of the PM2 for a reason. If you have the money for a PM2 I would say go ahead and get it, overall it is a better knife, the Delica is a great lightweight edc, but you can not go wrong with a PM2.

Back