I destroyed a knife to test it – pics!

Don't worry, it wasn't a Busse, but I need one now.

I want to help Leatherman by buying his Uncle Mofo from him, plus I would like to buy one of his famous “Leatherman sheaths” to go along with it, of-course, but the problem is, I am a little short on cash!!!

I have been reading these forums for a while and drooling over the Busse knives, but as of yet, I still do not own one myself.

When I first read about the Busse knives, I took my huge, retail $200, frost cutlery fantasy knife outside to see what it could do... My brothers and I totally destroyed it!!! I need a Busse. I have been selling my other knives to try and come up with the money for one Busse. (If you could only have one knife on the planet, what else would you want?) See before & after pics below of my Frost Cutlery Nautilus II. Yikes! :eek:

You could help me by signing up for a free trial of AOL here. Then I will be able to help Leatherman during his “Need Big Bucks in a Month” by buying his UNCLE MOFO!! I really want it. You don’t have to download it onto your computer if you don’t want to. All you have to do is sign up for a free trial – won’t cost you a dime. PLEASE do it!

I hope this doesn’t go against any rules, if it does, then please forgive me, and remember, it is for a good cause.
#1. I need a BUSSE!!! (o.k., maybe that shouldn’t be #1.)
#2. It will help Leatherman because I will buy his Uncle Mofo. (which I really want.)

P.S. I am getting up super early in the morning today to go fix my grandmas fences on her farm, so I won’t be able to respond to anyone right away.

Thanks, Shane - (Psalm 150)

On to the pics now!

frost1.jpg

Isn't she beautiful? But not for long...

frost2.jpg

First, I bent up the end of the stainless steel blade by throwing it into a tree for about five minutes. I tried to fix it with plyers, but it didn't come out to good. (What we need here is some INFI!)

frost4.jpg

Yippee! It handled little, dead, stick. Soooo tough, are we now?

frost5.jpg

Try this on for size. I know Busse could do it.

frost6.jpg

Oh no! I fought the tree... and the tree won! he he

frost8.jpg

Then I decided to see how the edge of the blade would hold up. It was hard to swing since I broke off the handle though. I held it with plyers.

frost9.jpg

In the end, I barely dented the block, but totally destroyed the edge of the blade.

I learned my lesson well. I won't be doing that again! (Unless of course, IT'S A BUSSE COMBAT. The end.

First off, i'm sure that AOL link thing is against some BF policy. Secondly, i hope you didn't pay $200 for that knife. Thirdly would have been better off selling it for anything to get some kind of down payment on a decent knife before you destroyed it. Fourthly why were you chopping on a live tree that hadn't done anything to you. Fifthly good luck getting leathermans uncle mofo, i've got one and it's got a leatherman sheath and it's nice :D :D :D . Sixthly why were you chopping on a concrete block with a knife? Don't you know only crazy folks do that? ;) :D Happy hunting!

:cool:

No, I didn't pay that much for it. But that's how much they're asking for it on the Frost Cutlery website, and I would never swing a Busse into a block. It just would be nice to know that I had a knife that could. Yeah, I must be a little crazy or something, but I don't like wimpy knives.

Shane

Originally posted by tyuio
Fourthly why were you chopping on a live tree that hadn't done anything to you. ;) :D Happy hunting!

:cool:

tyuio = AKA: Tree Hugger Californius! :D ;)

Welcome to the Busse forum Shane! Best of luck getting Leatherman's MoFo. . . .They are sweet blades!

Jerry

Good luck in your quest my friend. Now please refrain from showing us any more pics of Frost Cutlery, it brings back back memories from childhood! :D

I think you might be in for it Jerry. You had better find a nice hiding spot and some CBL until it all blows over. :D

Probably most people have figured this out already, but the links from his website (which appears created very recently to tug at your wallet) is a web based direct marketing thing.

A quich search on Google of "metareward complaints" reveals that although thier privacy bit says your info (you must enter your email) will never be shared. However according to complaints they ignore thier own policy and you will be hit with plenty of spam.

http://www.cluelessmailers.org/listings/companyblacklist.html

Scroll down a bit and you will find them listed...MetaReward AKA NetFlip

Just so you are not surprised when your email overflows :)

I'll let you know this afternoon. . . . If you get a call and all you hear is raspy breathing. . . . .then you will know the answer!:eek:

erm, all this talk about spam? Now I am hungry!!:) Who's grilling??:p

As for my prized Uncle MoFo, I've got a low interest (50%) lay away! Just half down and one kidney, then pay out the rest in 100.00 increments, late fees only take one knuckle at a time!;) Miss a payment and only one kneecap will be popped. See how flexible I can be?:D Oh yea, and inordinate spamming will result in the loss of one liver only, possibly a lung if your truly sorry.

Remember, the "brotherhood of INFI" never forgives, its just not good business......
:D ;) :D

Well, how are you supposed to climb a tree if you don't snuggle up to it?

--Mike

Hey ya’ll!
Thanks for the welcome. It’s great to finally be on this forum with everyone.

I’m back from my grandma’s farm now. It was a lot of hard work fixing fences. While I was there, I fixed my knife too! See pics below. I welded on a pipe for the handle, now the whole thing is like one piece of steel. I like it better now then when it was new! (at-least the handle won’t fall off)

About the AOL link, if your afraid of someone getting your E-mail address, just use a junk one from hotmail or something, it doesn’t matter. It truly would be free for you to do and it would really help me. PLEASE?

Anyway, I used a Buck knife I have all day long while on my Grandma’s 87 Acres of land. Every time I pulled it out I was thinking about Leatherman’s Mofo. I kept dulling the blade on my buck. The steel wasn’t chipping, it just kept rolling over and dulling more and more. Oh well.

Like I said, it was nice to hear from you all. I hope you enjoyed my pics of the Frost knife I destroyed. (and fixed!)

Thanks, Shane - Psalm 150

repaired.jpg

P.S. I tell you what I will do, because I really want to try and help Leatherman out. If ten of you will sign up for either one of those AOL trials that I posted in the first thread above, (or both of them, even better), then I will help Leatherman out by paying him $100 more than he’s asking for the knife. How about that? Do we have a deal all you Busse fanatics? Help me help the leather guy. I know there are a bunch of you out there that could do this. But if only a few of you do, then at-least I will buy his knife from him. So far, no one has even clicked on the offer to check it out. I would not lie to you guys on this forum. It is a 45 day free trial, all you have to do is sign up and then cancel. I did it, and I didn’t get swarmed with junk E-mails, and it only took me about two minutes. What else are you going to do for the next two minutes anyway? I will keep you posted. Later!

repaired2.jpg

I like it! Now thats problem solving! The weak area on most of the Frost knives is that rat tail tang, its gone, end of problem!:D THe steel on them things isnt that bad though, I've heard many an old timer comment on that, its just the tangs and the handles most of the time.

I really only want what I am asking for the knife, and fellas he's right, I've seen this deal before, AOL is hurting for business and will pay out the nose for these trials. Heck I've gotten dozens of those tins with the free hours CD's.

I've made an offer to Shane to help him on this thing, it seems to work for both of us, if it works the way I want it to. I need the cash by the end of the month though......:(

Back